Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 25th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a cloudy morning with a chance of rain and some sunshine with the high of 52 and the low of 39.

I am having scalloped potatoes, meatloaf, baked beans and sliced green and red peppers.

What will you be having tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Freezing cold day today... not like Spring at all. No wonder my beans are not coming up yet... they are resisting until the weather warms up...

Today I ordered the delivery of 500kg of soil. Because of the Victorian shut-down of nearly everything I'm not sure how long it will take to get here. Once it arrives I'll be out in the garden every day, hopefully with the help of my 'adopted brother' nextdoor.

I only baked bread for Gordon and delivered it to him. Since then I've replenished my bread box, i.e. filled all the little containers with yeast, sugar, salt, improver, powdered milk and oil. Having that all measured out saves so much time.

Entertainment: haven't watched much TV today but right now I'm watching a documentary about Petra.

Dinner: I had crumbed prawns... John had pork spareribs, mashed potato and peas
    I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Documentary about Petra . Who is Petra ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
        Not "who" ...it's where. It's an archaeological site in Jordan. One of Charlie's school friends became an archaelogist and went to Petra as one of her first jobs.
        I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

OK, Petra is a girls name in Germany, that's why I thought it was a person.

Comment

I think it would be a nice name to have... seems at the moment most baby girls are named Charlotte. I know of four baby girls born this year... three were named Charlotte and the other was given another over-used name, Emily.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
              If you’ve ever seen Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade you’ve seen one of the more spectacular sites in Petra. It’s a fascinating place that I’d really love to visit.

Comment

I would love to see Petra as well, it looks amazing in pictures. Making osso buco in the instant pot tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post

If you’ve ever seen Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade you’ve seen one of the more spectacular sites in Petra. It’s a fascinating place that I’d really love to visit.
                  No, haven't seen either one, I guess I have to look it up online

Comment

Chilly day today, but sun was out for most part. We got up early and had our Sunday breakfast of bacon & eggs..even DS joined us, usually he sleeps late. Did some yard work and went for a walk at the park. We are having roast beef, roasted potatoes/onions, cauliflower and gravy for dinner
                    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Sabine, here’s a link to a page showing the treasury building in Petra. It’s actually carved out of the stone in the canyon.

It’s bright and sunny but it’s not warm at all! Temperatures in the 40’s all day. It’s been a lazy day, I watched two episodes of The Spanish Princess on Starz, did some house stuff and getting ready to start working on dinner in a bit.

I’m going to make fried calamari and we’ll have some of the potato salad from Moose Creek BBQ and some watermelon with it.
                      Last edited by CharleneG; 10-25-2020, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the link charlene.

Comment

Working...
                        X