Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 27th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a cloud covered sky with more rain predicted with the high of 48 and the low of 39.

I am heading in the direction of meatloaf, butternut squash and baked apples.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

g'day to all.

A busy day today sorting out my pantry. It's spread to my hallway cupboard due to storing 12kg bags of bakers flour and because I've been buying some items on half price sales. As usual when I rearrange the pantry, things change in other kitchen cupboards.

Immy has kindergarten photographs on Friday but she's sick! Her Mum is doing her best pampering whilst hoping that she will be fully recovered. It's just a cold.

Our groceries were delivered tonight and I'm slowly putting it all away. Looking around my house I want to reduce the stuff we have by at least a third. If we ever move from this house it will be to a smaller home so it's silly to keep stuff that we don't need. I have tonnes of knitting/crochet yarn that I know I will never use... just don't know what to do with it all.

Dinner tonight: John had bacon, onion and eggs... I had cos lettuce, asparagus and bacon.

Entertainment: currently watching an Australian show called "Every family has a secret". It's an intriguing show. I know there were secrets in both mine and John's family but I think we've already learned them. How would we even know? People 100 years ago had ways and means of covering up family secrets.

I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Since I have a ton of pulled pork it is probably going to be recycled all week. Tonight is Cuban sandwiches and sweet potatoes.

Comment

Was drawing a blank on todays dinner. Trying to use up stuff in our freezer and I found some cooked hamburgers, just enough for the 3 of us, I will make a tossed salad to go along side. I'm baking chocolate cookies now and then will bake some butter tart squares.
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

It’s a pretty day today, cool but not cold at all. It was finally dry enough for ages some of the grass cut. I vacuumed all the rugs and dusted everything. I’m really annoyed right now though...somehow I misplaced the book I’m reading and I have no freaking idea where I might have put it. I haven’t been outside the house and I’ve looked in all the places it gets placed and nuthin! I was reading it last night before I went to sleep, so it should be around. I looked under the bed, under the covers, it has disappeared. [email protected]!

I’m making carne asada, cilantro lime rice and green salad for dinner.

Comment

Check the shower, Charlene!!! When you were tidying up, could you have put it in a laundry basket and put clothes on top of the book? It will show up and then you will remember what you did. Good luck.

Comment

I put a gallon of milk in the cupboard once and my keys in the fridge. I also get all of my books on my kindle now, you can even check out library books on your kindle. I have a kindle fire for everyday stuff, but I also have the paperwhite. It looks more like paper so you kind of get the book feel. I have to say this getting old stuf sucks, I was always getting headaches from reading even though I have bifocals. My eye Dr. recommended separate reading glasses since I am an avid reader and what a world of difference they make.

Comment

Vera, I found my book, but no idea how it fell in there. We had looked high and low, under the bed, under the pillows, under the dresser, in the trash, no luck. I was sitting there thinking it HAD to be in there and something made me go in and lift up the bedspread and I found it resting between the edge of the mattress and the bed frame. There’s a gap in there and there it was, standing on end! It must have happened when Ken was making the bed while I was in the bathroom.

Comment

Hot meatloaf sandwich w fried onions and ketchup
                  Just a busy day raking leaves and trying to cover (with tarp]
                  cement patio cause there is water leaking into basement.
                  I think I have it covered until I can find someone trustworthy

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                    Vera, I found my book, but no idea how it fell in there. We had looked high and low, under the bed, under the pillows, under the dresser, in the trash, no luck. I was sitting there thinking it HAD to be in there and something made me go in and lift up the bedspread and I found it resting between the edge of the mattress and the bed frame. There’s a gap in there and there it was, standing on end! It must have happened when Ken was making the bed while I was in the bathroom.
                    I think your husband was hiding it LOL just kidding, I am glad you found your book, stuff like that is so frustrating to say the least.
                    I was looking for a tub of butter in my fridge the other morning and it was not there, yes, I even looked in the pantry, accused SO of eating it all etc. etc. 2 days later on I found the tub of butter behind a big jar all the way in the back of the shelf . I am so sure SO shoved it back there>

Comment

Working...
                    X