Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 28th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a cloudy and rainy morning with the high of 56 and the low of 39. I have my doubts about the 56 as cold and wet as it is now but we shall see.

I put chicken in the Ninja last night with some herbs and veggies and have some beautiful broth for chicken and dumplings for today. I woke at 4 this morning as the aroma was enticing and making me hungry. I am not sure what else but will decide as the day progresses.

What will you be having for this Wednesday?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

It's late at night and I'm still baking our bread for tomorrow.

It's my son's birthday today. I can't believe that he's 34 already. Someone around here is getting old! *LOL*

I've been getting into the laundry and not much else. Hopefully I can get more done tomorrow.

Andrew got his new bed today and he's very excited to have a big boy bed. He's growing up far too quickly and I miss him every day...

https://i.imgur.com/xELtqkL.jpg
    I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Looks like Andrew likes his new big boy bed. He is growing up. Time flies

Comment

It is bittersweet the day the young ones advance to the 'big bed' yes, time certainly does fly!

I pulled some more chicken from the freezer to make chicken divan - I may make Charlene's recipe If DS goes out for wings, I will just make hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls & cheese, sides of KD and brown beans.
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Sabine and Mudderbear... I can't believe he's 4yo already. Seemed like yesterday that I introduced him on this board. He was such a little baby... just over 4lb from memory.
          I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

The smile on Andrew's face say sit all. Getting ready for the new baby next month - exciting times for your family.

Comment

Chayote. Happy 34th Birthday to your son.. I bet Andrew has as much fun onto that bed as he will underneath it. Perfect hiding place for him!. Not sure what dinner will be, hubby likes a light supper lately.so most likely a fish and veggie meal.

Comment

MudderBear, Vera gets part of the credit for that chicken divan recipe!

It’s a very pretty day today, high 50’s with a slight breeze. Not very much going on around the old homestead, neither of us slept to well at all last night. I’ve got to start putting the Halloween candy in the Ziplock bags today, we will probably have quite a few trick or treaters but I’m just going to put the bags in a big plastic bowl.

I’m going to make “hamburger gravy” over garlic mashed potatoes and we’ll have some buttered yellow squash with it.

Comment

" It’s a very pretty day today, high 50’s with a slight breeze. Not very much going on around the old homestead, neither of us slept to well at all last night. I’ve got to start putting the Halloween candy in the Ziplock bags today, we will probably have quite a few trick or treaters but I’m just going to put the bags in a big plastic bowl. "

You just put the bowl out and let the kids help themselves ?? I wouldn't do that if I were you, you could have some kid come and decide he may help himself to everything in that bowl.
                  This is your first year in your new house, how would you know how many kids may come at all, especially now with the covid situation ? Halloween is very much discouraged here in our part of the country and rightfully so.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
                    The smile on Andrew's face say sit all. Getting ready for the new baby next month - exciting times for your family.
                    very exciting times, Vera...

I'm wondering this morning if Andrew actually went to sleep in his new bed. At first he was upset about leaving his toddler bed but once it was assembled he loves it. He's a gorgeous little boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                      You just put the bowl out and let the kids help themselves ?? I wouldn't do that if I were you, you could have some kid come and decide he may help himself to everything in that bowl.
                      This is your first year in your new house, how would you know how many kids may come at all, especially now with the covid situation ? Halloween is very much discouraged here in our part of the country and rightfully so.
                      Halloween has only be a "thing" here for the past five years or so. Some families embrace it, other's reject it. I'm on the fence. Our Government has suggested that if families want to be involved they can bag up treats and leave them on or around the mail box at each house. I'm not putting anything out and won't be answering the door because of COVID.

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post

Halloween has only be a "thing" here for the past five years or so. Some families embrace it, other's reject it. I'm on the fence. Our Government has suggested that if families want to be involved they can bag up treats and leave them on or around the mail box at each house. I'm not putting anything out and won't be answering the door because of COVID.
                        When I was living in Germany, there was no Halloween, that " holiday " didn't exist. I don't know about now.
                        I didn't learn about Halloween until I came to this country and I was amazed that kids were allowed to go beg for candy. I never liked it and I still don't. But it is a custom in this country , so be it.
                        My kids were only allowed to go to neighbors houses that we were friendly with. And I always went with them.
                        When we first moved into our house that we live in now, I noticed big vans dropping kids off in our neighborhood because they could get " good " candy here. That was the end of my giving out candy.

Comment

We were here last year for Halloween and we actually ran out of candy. We plan on being out on the porch at least for the early, little kids. We really have a LOT of kids just on our block and most of them will be with their parents. I’ve been checking on our local Next Door app and we’ve got a neighborhood map of the houses with candy, including ours.

Comment

I'm really torn with Halloween. #1... it's an American custom, not Australian. All it's become here is an excuse for stores to advertise costumes and lollies/candy. #2... the pandemic is still happening! There are so many things we are not allowed to do or go and yet people are encouraging their children to knock on the doors of strangers. We are going to close the window shutters and pretend there's no-one home. If I can't visit Andrew, I'm not going to greet other children at the door.

Comment

We just close the window blinds and don't have any porch light on. That usually indicates that people are not interested in giving out candy. But every year there is always one or two knocks on the door or door bell ringing, never fails. We just ignore it.
                              The majority people in our neighborhood are retired people, kids are grown and grandkids don't live here either. A quiet neighborhood and we like it that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X