Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 14th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It will be a partly cloudy sky with the high of 46 and the low of 33.

DGS says he will make dinner tonight and he has not said what he will make.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Busy day in the kitchen. I've made two makings of the Thermomix chicken stock paste. It was all made in the Thermomix, makes 2 cups of stock paste and it lasts in the fridge for 6 months because it has a lot of salt and some vinegar. I can also freeze it and it doesn't freeze solid so I could just scoop out however much I need for a recipe. One level tablespoon on the paste gets added to 800mls of water and then it's used however you would use chicken stock. To make beef stock or vegetable stock I would have only needed to replace the chicken with equivalent weight of lean beef mince and for vegetarian, just leave out the meal altogether. The second lot in cooking in the Thermomix now and I'll divide it up into cup containers and give them away to my sister. The stock paste smells wonderful as it's cooking but tastes terrible because of the high quantity of salt but made up with the water it's incredible. I'm making pumpkin soup tomorrow and I'll use some of the stock in that.

I've also made bread. My dishwasher has been on twice today so far and when the stock paste finishes I'll be putting it on again.

Our dinner tonight was pork belly cooked on the BBQ. It was ok... pork isn't really my first choice of meats but I know John loves it.

My sister and brother-in-law are visiting tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing them.
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Chayote: that is very interesting, to make your own stock paste! And how handy to have beef/chicken paste at the ready, so much more flavourful than store bought I'm sure.
      Well, I must say that the stuffed tenderloins I made for dinner last nite were sooooo delicious, and this time the filling didn't all ooze out.
      Not sure yet on dinner for today, thinking cheese burgers and a salad.
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Originally posted by MudderBear View Post
        Chayote: that is very interesting, to make your own stock paste! And how handy to have beef/chicken paste at the ready, so much more flavourful than store bought I'm sure.
        I wish you could smell this stock. There's so much flavour. It's possible to make it in a pan on the stove and a strong blender.
        I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
        would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Making some cabbage rolls in the crockpot today.

Comment

I have chicken breast in the fridge and may grill that for dinner and fix salad on the side.

Comment

What a completely different weather day we’re having today! It’s been bright and beautiful all day with spectacular views of the Cascades and the Olympics. We’re supposed to get another couple days of dry weather, we might actually be able to mow the lawn. I did some bill paying and some grocery shopping and came home and did some vacuuming. Woo hoo! The excitement never ends!

We’re going to have more spaghetti and meat sauce tonight along with more garlic bread. It was so good the first night, probably will be even better tonight.

Comment

Working...
              X