Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh my gosh... Andrew never ceases to amaze me but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my gosh... Andrew never ceases to amaze me but...

this photo blew me away when I received it today.

https://i.imgur.com/uasrxnj.jpg
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Yikes! He’s braver than I am!

Comment

One brave boy - one scary snake. Charlene is correct - he is braver than most of us.

Comment

Omg, yes he is brave. I know I wouldn't put a snake around my neck, ever and he has a smile on his face

Comment

*LOL* It wasn't going to hurt him. It was at a wildlife park. They generally overfeed snakes that are going to be handled and the snakes are handled from hatchlings. It's a beautiful snake... similar to the one that my son owned when he was a teenager but this one is bigger.

It's amazing that Andrew wasn't in the least scared of it, despite the snake being twice as long as Andrew is tall. This is now my favourite photo of him and I'm very proud of him.

Comment

I have no doubt that his Mum will get this photo printed for Andrew to take to school tomorrow for Show and Tell

Comment

Look at his eyes, he sure is keeping his eyes on the snake's head. Yes, that is a good picture to take to show and tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                Look at his eyes, he sure is keeping his eyes on the snake's head. Yes, that is a good picture to take to show and tell.
                He wasn't scared of it... more fascination about how it moved

Comment

OMGosh! He’s is all boy! Great pic. Brave child!

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                    OMGosh! He’s is all boy! Great pic. Brave child!
                    g'day, Bean... yes he's a typical 4-year-old Aussie boy. Having a 6' python wrapped around his shoulders says it all... I did get a surprise when I first saw the photo because until today, the only animal he had touched was our dog, Lucy.

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post

g'day, Bean... yes he's a typical 4-year-old Aussie boy. Having a 6' python wrapped around his shoulders says it all... I did get a surprise when I first saw the photo because until today, the only animal he had touched was our dog, Lucy.
                      Chay, that would have surprised me as well. From dog to snake is huge! LOL

Comment

So it is a python snake, I was wondering what kind of snake it is . Don't the constrict around people or other animals? Or am I thinking of another snake.

Comment

I don't know much about pythons but I think Sabine is referring to a boa restrictor that wraps around and squeezes the life out of its prey. There may be other snakes that do the same thing.

Comment

Yes, I probably was thinking of a boar restrictor, and they are also much bigger ? I am not much into snakes, all I know are rattlesnakes , killed a few in my time, my black lab used to sniff them out in our backyard and tried to hunt them down, so I had no choice but to shoot them.
                            just wanted to add that we also had coral snakes in our backyard, and my black lab really liked to tangle with them. Coral snakes are not aggressive , but they are poisonous, so when they feel threatened by a big black dog, they bite. Couldn't get my dog off the snake , so I had to use the hoe to chop the head off, I know it sounds cruel, but I rather have a dead snake , then a dead dog.
                            Last edited by Sabine; 01-18-2021, 06:08 PM.

Comment

pythons do constrict their prey to kill their dinner. That's why the snakes for the public to hold are very well fed.

Sabine... sometimes snakes need to be killed if they are an immediate threat to a person. I remember that several brown snakes were shot by the school principal at my children's primary school. I would shoot a snake if my pets were in danger. There has to be a very good reason to kill a snake in Australia... they are all protected animals.

As I predicted, Andrew went to school today with his photo for show and tell. The teacher will need to remind the children that although it was safe for Andrew to hold this big, long snake, if they see a snake of any size in the playground they need to run and tell a teacher and definitely not touch it.

When I visit my parents' grave at the cemetery at this time of year there are signs everywhere to remind visitors to be on the lookout.

Comment

Working...
                              X