Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 18 2021 dinner post

Happy Monday!

Cool and partly cloudy today. We’re sitting at the Subaru dealer in Burlington right now waiting on a battery test and replacement on Ken’s car. He hasn’t driven it at all for a few months and that battery in it is dead as a door nail. He had to use the street rod battery to even get it started this morning. We brought Abby along with us, she’s shmoozing everyone in the waiting area.

We’re going to finish our takeout from Moose Creek BBQ tonight. What are you having for dinner tonight?

Good Afternoon!

It’s cloudy with snow flurries here and there. A little snow due later. High 28, low 13. Coconut Chicken Curry Soup (using a new ghost pepper curry powder) and scallion pancakes. I’d like to make some more egg rolls too.

Comment

My boys saw a video recipe of a pizza type of thing made with large tortillas, you make one cut up to centre, put cheese, pepperoni and top, fold into a 1/4 then, another etc. then you fry in pan, dip in pizza sauce. DS made some last night and said they were really good. DH wants me to make some for him and I tonight. Let's see how this goes!
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Mudder, I made some of those last Sunday, but they were Club style. Very good and fun!

Comment

Beef vegetable soup , yes, made from scratch. I don't care for it, but David loves it. He just likes to eat crackers with it, I really think it needs like a bread roll or something.
          I will have some cheese nachos with salsa and then there is some leftover fruit salad.
          I just made my online list for the grocery store , I will do a curb side pick up tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

We took delivery of our groceries about an hour ago so we will eat like Royalty tonight. We are thinking of steak... for John he will have eggs and onions; I'll have mine with lettuce, tomato, onion and pea shoots and I need to make some Catalina dressing before that.

I also have chicken to make into meals for the freezer (in containers which double as a plate), bolognaise sauce for the freezer (individual serves packed in ziploc bags... thank you, Vera), and pumpkin soup using the homegrown pumpkin from last Summer and the concentrated stock that I made last week.

Not a good day for my dishwasher to be out of action...

At the moment I'm making bread for Tiff.
            I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
            would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
              Good Afternoon!

It’s cloudy with snow flurries here and there. A little snow due later. High 28, low 13. Coconut Chicken Curry Soup (using a new ghost pepper curry powder) and scallion pancakes. I’d like to make some more egg rolls too.
              Bean, I had to google your new curry powder. Definitely not for me because I'm a wimp when it comes to spicy hot meals. You would laugh at the curry I make... you'd be asking "where's the curry?" *LOL*
              I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
              would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

LOL! Chay, I started off with what the recipe called for then added another teaspoon. It had a nice kick, not as hot as I thought it might be.

Comment

Working...
                X