Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 25, 2021 dinner post

Happy Monday!

It’s been very cool and cloudy today but the clouds are breaking up and we’ve seen some signs of a weird yellow orb in the sky. This morning we noticed a large number of birds in the back yard, robins, chickadees, blue jays and even a big hawk or maybe a eagle. It’s fascinating to watch them. Today is my oldest grandson Joshua’s 38th birthday, how the heck did that happen? He’s doing great, no cancer problems and he’s able to work and perform again.

We’re going to have the rest of our teriyaki beef from Miyako Teriyaki for dinner along with rice and a Caesar salad. What are you having for dinner tonight?

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
    Today is my oldest grandson Joshua’s 38th birthday, how the heck did that happen? He’s doing great, no cancer problems and he’s able to work and perform again
    That's fantastic news, Charlene... sounds like he's had a difficult battle.

Today is Tuesday for us and it's Australia Day! It's a day that is celebrated by some, protested by others. The date is to commemorate the landing of European discoverers and specifically Captain James Cook. For the indigenous people of Australia it's Invasion Day as they were the owners and inhabitants of this land for the previous 40,000 years. The slogan this year is "change the date" which, in my own opinion, should be done. For other people it's a day of celebration and when many immigrants to Australia opt to become Australian citizens with ceremonies held in in most electoral areas across the land. It's a day to go to watch a street parade, go out for a picnic in the park or a day at the beach, official activities being cancelled this year. It's also a day to eat what has become traditionally Australian food... lamb on the BBQ, lamingtons, pavlovas. meat pies, vegemite sandwiches, fairy bread... the list goes on. For me this year it's a day alone in my house and before you think I'm seeking sympathy, I'm loving it! John has gone to the Australia Day poker game.

Dinner tonight: depends what time John comes home but probably a repeat of last nights dinner as there are leftovers

Entertainment: will most likely be the continuing effort to reduce furniture and stuff from our living areas as John needs to use his wheeled walker inside the house now. After that I'll be getting a package ready to send to Andrew and Hannah.
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Oh, I know that feeling of “alone in the house”! I haven’t had much of it lately, but I sure do love it when I get some!

Comment

For me this year it's a day alone in my house and before you think I'm seeking sympathy, I'm loving it! John has gone to the Australia Day poker game. "

Its good to read that John is going back to playing poker

Comment

Working...
        X