Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 26, 2021 dinner post

Happy Tuesday!

It has been a busy day today! We got up at 6 am, quick breakfast, loaded up the car and Abby, headed out to Whidbey Island to catch the ferry to Port Townsend on the peninsula. We saw on online ad for three really cool redwood bears yesterday, really nice ones, and I contacted the seller immediately and told him we’d buy them today. They filled up the whole back end of my Forester, Abby had to ride in my lap on the way back. The ferry was the easiest way to get there, it completely bypassed Seattle and Tacoma. It was absolutely gorgeous out all day but it was so c-c-cold! We got home about 3 pm.

I’m trying out a Cook’s Country recipe for Creamy Mustard Sauce Chicken and I’m going to make some baked brown rice to go with it and some veggies of some kind. What are you having for dinner tonight?

" We saw on online ad for three really cool redwood bears yesterday "
    I assume they are like little statues ?? to put in your yard ? Or I could be totally wrong on this one??

Comment

They’re big redwood bears, chainsaw carvings. The big one is over 4 feet tall, the other two are about 3 feet and 2 feet. They will live outside, one on the porch, two in the patio. I’ve never been able to post pictures on here, darn it! I’ll see if I can put one on a public album on Facebook and post the link.

Comment

WOW, almost life size, I would love to see a picture.

Comment

Let’s see if this works!

https://app.photobucket.com/u/chargo...7-09adca18d003

Comment

This shows size comparison to a chair.

https://app.photobucket.com/u/chargo...4-c6cc72e4482c
            Last edited by CharleneG; 01-26-2021, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
              They’re big redwood bears, chainsaw carvings.
              oh my gosh... they are fantastic! ...and done with a chainsaw is amazing. Great decorative pieces.

My day was busy and slightly stressful. We are having an issue with the teenage boy who lives nextdoor to us. He has a basketball hoop in their driveway but the ball keeps coming over our fence. We can't let Immy play in our playground when he's playing ball because she could get hit by the ball and also she's scared of the teenager. He's only 16 or 17 but already 6'2". Anyway I caught him in our playground retrieving his balls (basketballs that is) and I told him off for coming over the fence and trespassing on our property. He's been told numerous times that we value our privacy and security and climbing over our 7' wooden fence is not something we will tolerate. When the balls come over the fence his grandmother usually texts me and when I have a free moment I go out and throw them back, but he's impatient and I know that he regularly climbs over the fence because I see the balls in our yard and then they disappear. I figure that if he doesn't want to wait, then don't let them go over the fence. Well yesterday the balls came over 4 times and again today, 4 times. Both balls are in our playground now and I'll have to send them back over tomorrow. If he came over the fence when Immy is in the playground, she would freak out! The balls have landed in our plum and apricot trees (knocking the unripe fruit to the ground), on Immy's swing and even on the slide. It's coming over the fence with great force. The grandmother's reason is that he's a teenager and their "problem child" but hey, he does need to be *my* problem as well. I suggested that they move the ring to the opposite end of the driveway so that the balls stay in their front yard or land on the road and I even offered the use of our two parking bays at the front of our house, but they rejected that idea because the balls will land on their roof and they've recently had solar panels installed that they don't want broken. I'm really fed up with the whole situation. He's already been in trouble with the police for driving his sister's car (drivers have to be 18 in our country) but he doesn't care about anyone else... only himself. Ok, thanks for allowing me to vent on this... I'll now move on to dinner...

John had an early dinner of crumbed chicken tenders with sliced tomato and onion and a slice of bread. Later I prepared my dinner of two tortillas with ham and coleslaw.

Found out today that the Miele dishwasher I chose won't be available before 28th April so I'll be handwashing dishes for a while yet...
              I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
              would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Have you thought about keeping the balls and not give them back. ?

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                  This shows size comparison to a chair.

https://app.photobucket.com/u/chargo...4-c6cc72e4482c
                  Wow, impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post

Wow, impressive
                    Thank you! We’re tickled pink to get them!

Comment

Working...
                    X