Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 31, 2021 Dinner Post

Happy Sunday!

Wow, January is over! It’s been rainy all day today, so I’ve been getting laundry done and doing some cooking prep. I just finished making a batch of marinated zucchini and a double batch of Italian meatballs. I made a double because the single batch used 1/2 lb each ground beef and Italian sausage and I didn’t want to try to refreeze anything. I’ll vacuum seal and freeze the meatballs we don’t use tonight. Now comes the “no fun” part, getting everything sorted and hung up in the closet. I refuse to let it sit in the clothes basket, it’s easier to get them out of the dryer and on to hangers immediately.

I’m trying out a recipe for meatball subs from Bean and we’re having marinated zucchini salad with it. What are you having for dinner tonight?

I can’t believe this month is over!

I hope you like that recipe Charlene.

Spaghetti & meatballs, garlic bread and salad for us.

Comment

I did Italian round steak and potatoes in the crock pot today. I actually cooked it yesterday because it took about 8 hours and I got a late start yesterday. It was decent with a tomato sauce/onion sauce. Probably won't make it again though. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great. It was from Taste of Home. Those recipes are hit and miss.

Charlene - I am with you regarding clothes coming out of the dryer. My laundry room is right outside the master bedroom and I don't even use a laundry basket. I just grab the clothes and put them on the bed and start folding and then put away. If clothes sit in a basket too long, they get all wrinkly.

Comment

I don’t use a basket anymore either, laundry room is about 15 feet from the bed now. When we lived in CA the laundry room was downstairs and the bedroom upstairs. I absolutely do not miss that! If that stairwell had ears...it heard a lot of swear words!

Comment

I am with Vera and Charlene on this one.
          I do use a laundry basket , because my utility room is on the other side of my house, clear across from my bedroom / closets.
          I fold the clothes, when they come out of the dryer.
          Hang up the clothes on hangers, the rest gets folded and put away,
          you leave clothes in the dryer or clothes basket they all get wrinkled

Comment

Sabine, that’s what I did in CA. Socks and underwear sorted and stacked in neat piles in the basket so I could just take a stack and put it away. It was just the easiest way to do it. Here I just grab the load, take it to the bed and dirt, stack and hang from there.

Comment

Working...
            X