Bread Machiine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bread Machiine

Remember when those were popular? My sister in law sent me a message yesterday that she was making rye bread in her bread machine and homemade potato soup. That sounded so good that I got my bread machine out too that has been stored for a long while. I made the bread today and I had forgotten how good homemade warm bread was with a nice crust and a nice inside crumb. How many of you make homemade bread once in a while? For a while it was difficult to get yeast but it is back in the stores now. I may have to make another loaf tomorrow as my first one won't last long.

I use my machine mostly for dough (bread & pizza). I do make a white bread baked in the machine that is amazing. Sometimes I use it for days straight, then it doesn’t come out for a couple weeks.

I’m always stocked up on yeast and was sharing when Covid hit. I have my sourdough starter which some wanted as well. This batch has been going over a year, nice sourdough flavor.

Comment

I dug my bread machine out last month, and had forgotten how good the bread is -- I think I'll make a loaf this aft
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Bread done! Smells sooo good on this blustery, snowy day
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

MudderBear - I am with you. My machine was in a back closet but when I made the bread it was heaven. We haven't finished the first loaf yet but I have the ingredients for another loaf which I will make this week.

Bean, your bread sounds amazing. This is one of those machines that should be brought back out especially if you are snow bound. Your sourdough starter sounds like it would make a great bread. I have never made sourdough though.

Comment

Sometimes I wish I really liked to bake, but I really don’t enjoy it much. I attempted bread years ago and it was not successful at all. Yeast and I have an agreement, I won’t mess with it, it won’t embarrass me. We don’t eat much bread here, a piece of toast if I make a full breakfast and the couple times a week I make sandwiches. A loaf of bread lasts over a week and will frequently turn green before we’re done with it. I have great admiration for those that do make bread!

Comment

I've been baking bread most days since COVID. I had a bread maker many years ago but didn't have much success with it. Now I make the dough in my thermomix and bake it in the oven. I did remember one thing though... in the bread maker we used to add some potato and onion flakes. I might try that again soon.
              I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
              would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

I use mine often to make delicious banana bread. I also use a company called "Prepared Pantry" to buy bread mixes (they have weekly sales) Example today I am making Jalapeno Cheese bread. Just have to add water (the yeast package is included)

Comment

" Yeast and I have an agreement, I won’t mess with it, it won’t embarrass me. "

Charlene , that makes two of us, I feel the same way and I have never baked anything with yeast and I never will.

Comment

I buy Prepared Pantry as well. Love their bread, and supporting local business.

Comment

I looked at the Prepared Pantry website - wow, they have a lot of great looking products. I may have to order something.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                        " Yeast and I have an agreement, I won’t mess with it, it won’t embarrass me. "

Charlene , that makes two of us, I feel the same way and I have never baked anything with yeast and I never will.
                        I tried it a long time ago, haven’t had any desire to do it since!

Comment

Working...
                        X