Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 12th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is gloomy and dreary with the high of 25 and the low of 14. Some light snow is predicted later in the day.

I am making a sheet pan dinner tonight consisting of chicken, parsnips, carrots, broccoli, onions and minced garlic. Waldorf salad sounds good also.

What meal is your taste buds calling for dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Good morning. Still in the deep freeze here. I think we are going to go to town today, and if we do I will get a take-out pizza for dinner. Just don't feel like cooking today.
    livetobake: I've noticed in my store that they have seasoning pkgs for different kinds of 'sheet pan meal' I picked up a couple for chicken, must try soon. My son made a sheet pan fajita dinner last week, he said it was so good and quick/easy - no pkg mixes for him
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I have seen those also Mudder but as I must watch my salt intake I have just not gotten any. They sound good I will say. I use my fresh herbs or ones I have dried from summer. I have found that by using them I get good flavor and after about a couple weeks the urge for salting was not as intense. I do use a small amount on certain foods or when boiling potatoes, pasta as they just need that little extra for good flavor. I grow a large herb garden in my flower boxes that fit my porch railings right outside my kitchen and even DGS will cut some and says when he eats food without the herbs it just does not have the same good flavor.

Please let me know what you think of them as DGS like might like making himself a small pan of it when he is cooking something different for himself just for the sake of trying it.

I think sheet pan meals are quick and easy and the flavors blend as they bake together on the same pan.
      Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
      He drew a circle that shut me out.
      But love and I had the wit to win,
      We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Yes, I do realize the sodium in those are pretty high...I only just wanted to try but don't think I'd make a habit of using them. Fresh herbs are waaaay better tasting for sure and healthier!
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

It is cold out there! It hasn’t been much above 30 for a couple days and neither of us really wanted to be out in it. Looks like we’re going to get some significant snow tonight and tomorrow. Our elevation is only about 200 feet, and they’re expecting plenty of sea level snow. I had to take Abby down to the vet for some blood testing and checking insulin levels. She’s doing very well and the vet it pleased with her levels. I was concerned because some days she won’t eat in the morning and she doesn’t get her insulin until late. The vet explained what to do, so now we can proceed without worry.

I’m going to make some Southwestern shrimp bisque and we’ll have some tortilla chips and avocado with it. I still don’t have much appetite, so that will be plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
            I had to take Abby down to the vet for some blood testing and checking insulin levels. She’s doing very well and the vet it pleased with her levels. I was concerned because some days she won’t eat in the morning and she doesn’t get her insulin until late. The vet explained what to do, so now we can proceed without worry.
            I can't imagine coping with a diabetic dog, Charlene. I barely coped with a diabetic child who could tell me his symptoms. I assume there's a lot of guess work dealing with a non-speaking being.

I cooked some rissoles with beans, carrots, onion and gravy for John. He enjoyed it. I made some rice-paper rolls with ham, avocado and rainbow salad filling. They were very good and I'll make them again one day.
            I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
            would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

It’s actually been a lot easier than I thought it would be and Abby is doing very well. We feed her, then every 12 hours give her a prescribed dose of insulin. No glucose testing, it’s really easy. It’s amazing how many pets are diabetic and how well they do on it.

Comment

Working...
              X