Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 14th Dinner Post.

Good Morning!

It is cloudy at the moment with a partly sunny sky predicted. The high of 24 and the low of 14.

Sausage gravy, biscuits, scrambled eggs and baked apples will be dinner tonight.

What are you having for your Sunday meal?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I. decided to clean out a shelf in the pantry and found items i should
    be using So for dinner I will make Pad Thai from a box. I love thai food
    so this will be my first time making this. I always wondered about getting
    the noodels soft.

Comment

I would be interested in how it turns out mellon. I hope you love it!!!!

Comment

Nothing special for Valentines Day dinner here,,,having the beef stew I was to make the other day. Hubby said it was great...I'm still sipping on a beer and will have stew soon lol!
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Happy Sunday and Happy Valentine’s Day!

Wow, have we ever got snow! It has been pretty steadily snowing all last night and most of the day, we have at least a foot or more out there. We’re not in any need of anything so we’re not trying to get out there and do any major shoveling. We do need to get the trash out though, that should be interesting. Abby doesn’t mind a small amount of snow but she’s let us know this is a bit much. I put her out on the porch so she could potty and she completely disappeared. Her look completely expressed her disgust!

I took the last of the Cook’s Country Italian Meatloaf out of the freezer and we’re having garlic mashed potatoes and veggies with it.

Comment

Charlene, make sure that there will actually be a trash pick up. Save yourself some trouble if there is no trash pick up.
            We are having a big winter storm coming through south texas ( and other parts of the country ) and we just got a message that there will be no trash pick up tomorrow , may not be any trash pick up until Thursday / friday. Bad, bad weather.

Comment

Thanks, we checked, turned out we won’t! We might be able to get to them by this time next week!

Comment

Charlene - At least you won't have to worry about mowing the grass - lol!! We have had some snow earlier but most of it is now gone. It is supposed to be icy (worse than snow in my opinion) but then later in the week it will be in the 40s so at least that isn't sticking around too long either. The snow blade on our tractor is on but hasn't been used yet - works for me.

Comment

I have to laugh...one of the biggest mistakes we made before this storm is we didn’t move the snow shovel out of the storage shed before the snow hit. I know, I know, rookie mistake! We need the snow shovel to clear a path to the shed so we can get the shovel to clear the snow. Once we can actually get to the shed we’re going to move it back to the garage permanently.

Comment

At least you have a snow shuffle , we don't.... and we sure could use it today.

Comment

Livetobake
                      The box of Pad Thai was very good. I had Sam's Club chicken so I cut that up added broccoli and stir fried it
                      The noodles were soaked in hot water and you have to keep separating the noodles so not to stick together for 20 minutes
                      After 20 minutes I gave it another 10 minutes cause they just didn't seem soft enough. Actually they became soft
                      after I added them to the stir fry and added the sauce. I Wish there was more sauce

Comment

I just saw this mellon. Sorry it took me so long. That sounds really good and I am happy that you like as much as you did. I sometimes find there is just not enough sauce for some dishes and others you need a life jacket or everything drowns in the sauce. Is the sauce sold in a jar by the dressings? I know sometimes you can find them or contact the company? I have done that in the past and sometimes I do have good luck with it.

Thanks for responding.

Comment

All that came in the box was the Pad Thai noodles and a pouch with the sauce
                          Directions on doing a stir fry by adding eggs, broccoli, shrimp or chicken
                          It was good but also good to use this. I had two meals out of this

Comment

Wow, that sounds really good and easy. May I ask where you bought the box? I am not much for browsing in a store, have my ad, list and coupons so I am in and out pretty quick. What aisle would it be in? Thanks for the help and information mellon. I am really grateful for you being so kind.

Have a great day!!!

Comment

I found it in the Asian food isle at my local Tops (store)
                              I threw the box away. WallMart might carry it cause they
                              seem to carry to all ethnic groups.
                              I hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X