Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 17 Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is just plain cold as the wind chill factor is at -11 with some sunshine at the moment. It is predicted for a high of 22 and the low of 18. A heat wave!!

I will be solo tonight so am having a baked potato with broccoli and cheese along with a banana.

What will you be having for your middle of the week dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Hoping last night will be the coldest for awhile...woke up to -30!
    We have been craving ham for awhile now, and can't find much in the stores, but...yesterday I did find a little half moon cut that I did purchase albeit expensive at $16. Will make some scalloped potatoes and cauliflower/cheese
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

The grandkids were generous enough to leave me with a head cold. I had to cancel my nail appointment because you cant really wear a mask with a runny nose. Of course I was putting laundry away when my closet door broke the hinge at the top and came crashing down on my humidifier breaking it to pieces, but at least it was empty. Now I am waiting on Amazon to bring a new one. Oh well it seems God is telling me to get back into bed today and try again tomorrow! On the funny side hubs walked out the door and thought his clean mask had stuck to his pants only to grab it and discover it was my panties lol, the boys though it was funny.
      Keeping it simple today, either sloppy joes or a pot of potato soup from a packet of mix. I love going to Menards for some stupid reason and they sell packets of dry soup mix and I have to tell you, they are pretty darn good.

Comment

oh muzette...story of your hubby having your panties stuck his pants made me think of a story when my son Michael was paying at checkout in store and as he was taking out his debit card he saw something sticking out of the end of his long sleeve cuff, pulled it out to find it was his wifes foam bra insert, the check out lady burst out laughing!

Comment

Ok both of you, you have given the laugh I so badly needed today. Rough morning, left early and just got home. One appointment after another and one left for 11 tomorrow morning. I got a good and much needed laugh. Thanks.

I was in a mood the other day, hand washed my bras, 4 of them, and hung them in the basement on a drying rack that has arms that you put hangers on. I took the bras, hung them display fashion by the straps, spaced out, and the next day asked DGS if he could go get some laundry that was dry and bring it up. I stood at the top of the stairs and heard him muttering a blue streak. He came up and tossed them at me and said that even if I think I am funny he does not. His face was beet red and no words came out of his mouth directed towards me the rest of the night. His girl friend sent me a text telling me I was bad but that she loved it.

There are just some days.

Comment

oh wow, but your grandson 'did' get them! I guessing that a lot wouldn't even touch lol....I don't know if my boys would!!!! they'd grab everything but heehee

Comment

I was surprised he did also. I guess he did not want me having the last laugh. Trust me when I say he will find a way for payback and it will worse then what I did. It is a standard thing with us and he loves it when he gets me and I let out a yell because it was t hat good and unexpected. But then, he has learned from the best!!!

Comment

It’s been a beautiful and sunny day today, temps in the low to mid 40’s. The snow is melting away quickly, a few patches in the back and front yards and completely off the roof. Not much going on around here today, my sinuses are giving me fits.

We’re going to have cheeseburgers and Bush’s baked beans for dinner.

Comment

We had steak last night... John had eggs, onion and hashbrowns with his, I had hashbrowns and coleslaw. John enjoyed his steak, I tolerated mine.
                  I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Working...
                  X