Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 18th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Guess what it is doing? Snowing of course with a 100% chance of it snow all day and tomorrow. Snow is piled over 8 feet where it is plowed from businesses and some have several piles, I have them all around the sidewalks and driveway that DGS and I have shoveled The high of 30 and the low of 18 with more bitter cold moving in tomorrow.

Dinner? I went freezer shopping and pulled vegetable beef soup, homemade dinner rolls and like a nut DGS asked for a hot fudge sundae and like a bigger nut I said sounds good.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I bought a box of those chicken sandwiches from Sams that are supposed to taste like chick-fil-a so that is on the menu tonight. I think a box of good old Kraft mac and cheese to go with. I wanted to zip out to Target today and get some Starbucks but its snowing like the dickins again and this cold is kicking my but.

Comment

I just got home muz and am so glad that between yesterday and today I am finished with appointments and errands. I am home, warm and fed so I am staying right where I am. Yesterday I thought I would freeze it was just so cold and today that damp cold just cuts right into every part of your body. Tomorrow and this weekend here we go again with the horrid bitterness. Dripping water every night so my water does not freeze and then I would have burst pipes.
      Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
      He drew a circle that shut me out.
      But love and I had the wit to win,
      We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

It’s been cloudy and on and off drizzly most of the day. We still have a few clumps of snow on the shaded parts of the yard, but they’re melting off quickly. We’re supposed to get our snow blower delivery today, we’ll be ready for that snow next time.

I put a 3 lb. boneless pork shoulder in the Crock Pot this morning all seasoned up with fresh orange and lime juice, lots of garlic, cumin, bay leaf and sweet onion to make Cuban pork roast and I’m going to make cilantro lime rice and Caesar salad to go with it. I’ll post the recipe after dinner.

Comment

Working...
        X