Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 20th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is cloudy with a chance of more snow and the high of 22 and the low of 4. Hopefully this is the last of the bitter cold and tomorrow will be much warmer. Hopefully.

I will pound out chicken breasts, put on some dressing I will make and roll them up. After I sear them I will put into a casserole dish and cover with gravy, add carrots into the the chicken gravy mixture and bake. That will be dinner along with Waldorf salad and a coconut cream pie.

What will be your meal for this Saturday?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

oops... accidently wrote todays contribution to yesterdays thread but I'll fix it now.

We still have hot days but tomorrow is supposed to be cooler. It will be nice to not need our airconditioning running.

I spent a bunch of money today. Firstly the dishwasher I wanted/needed was finally available so I ordered it... $2,900 including delivery but not including installation. I think we may be able to do it ourselves or we can ask Tiff to help. Just a matter of hooking up the hoses and plugging it in. Earliest delivery I could arrange is 15th March. Secondly I needed a new mattress on my bed (double) however I had a king single almost new mattress in storage that I would prefer to use. Found a nice king single bed frame on eBay for $100 and it's in amazing conditioning. I'll hit the timber with some furniture polish before we assemble it, so now I don't need to buy another mattress. Thirdly, although I can reuse the doona on my new bed, I needed to buy a mattress protector and fitted sheets... found some for a good price and the colour I wanted. It's been a fun day spending money and I'm done for a while now. We had three mattresses stored... Tiff took the single for Immy's new bed, I'm using the King Single and there's still a Queen mattress there. Hopefully I can find someone who needs it.

Dinner tonight: John had BBQ'd sausages, mashed sweet potato, peas and grilled onion. I had ravioli filled with pumpkin and fetta cheese with bolognaise sauce and topped with mozzarella cheese. We both had watermelon for dessert.
    I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Ugh, I hate to think of the day when my dishwasher dies! Prior to this one, I had cheaped out, and got heck from DH for doing so. In the end the appliance only lasted 6 months, just a tad past warranty date. Next dishwasher I got DH bought, and got a top of the line model, we've had it many years now, still works like a charm.

Chayote: what is a king single bed?

Dinner will be chicken breasts topped with Catalina dressing, onion soup mix & cranberry sauce, been many years since I've made that! Sides of rice and broccoli
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

And what is a Doona ? When I looked it up it told it's a baby car seat / stroller combination ???? That can't be it for a bed ?

Comment

oh ya, I wondered same, Sabine
          A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Mudder,

I have seen that recipe for the chicken dish you are making for dinner. Can you give me a flavor profile? It looks interesting and am tempted. Thank you!
            Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
            He drew a circle that shut me out.
            But love and I had the wit to win,
            We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

I was cleaning out my buffet today and found a gift card the kids got me 2 years ago! It was still good so we went to Longhorns for lunch. I am so stuffed I doubt I will have dinner.
              On the plus side I got my grocery shopping mostly done. I hate shopping on the weekends but at least that is out the way.

Comment

Cool and cloudy today, we did some planter dig up in the front yard today. We’re going to pull most of the stuff growing in there out and kill all the weeds and put in evergreen shrubs and a small evergreen tree. The flowers were pretty when in bloom but look terrible when they’re not and we’re going for a much lower maintenance front yard. I was so happy this afternoon! I got my email link for my second dose of Pfizer vaccine, I’ll get it done on Tuesday afternoon! Ken took the Moderna vaccine and he’s tentatively scheduled for March 9. Making progress here!

We’re getting take out from Jimmy’s tonight. Ken will have tiger prawn Alfredo and salad, I’ll have prawn Fresco and salad.

Comment

Originally posted by MudderBear View Post
                  Ugh, I hate to think of the day when my dishwasher dies! Prior to this one, I had cheaped out, and got heck from DH for doing so. In the end the appliance only lasted 6 months, just a tad past warranty date. Next dishwasher I got DH bought, and got a top of the line model, we've had it many years now, still works like a charm.

Chayote: what is a king single bed?

Dinner will be chicken breasts topped with Catalina dressing, onion soup mix & cranberry sauce, been many years since I've made that! Sides of rice and broccoli
                  hi, MudderBear... I've bought the latest Meile dishwasher, top of the line inspired by my eldest daughter. She has all Meile appliances and they are by far superior to cheaper brands. I've had to wait for it because of COVID and slower shipping from Germany. I've been handwashing dishes for a month now and I'm over it.

A king single bed is wider and longer than a normal single bed... it measures six inches wider and eight inches longer
                  I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                    And what is a Doona ? When I looked it up it told it's a baby car seat / stroller combination ???? That can't be it for a bed ?
                    I'm not sure what Americans would call a doona if you have them. They are quilted blankets filled with either polyester, wool fleece or feathers which then goes into a doona cover made from decorative material and fastens closed at the foot end... a bit like a giant pillow case but closes with buttons or studs. They originated in Scandinavia. I have white covers and John has charcoal.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1213/7526/products/4_Seasons_600x600.jpg?v=1585027828

and then with the cover with matching pillowcases (I love this set!):

https://i.imgur.com/9B1TfJ6.jpg?1

Comment

Here in America we call them Duvets. Hey, they both start with 'D'!! Very nice.

In your other post, enjoy your Miele dishwasher. I, too, love Miele and have their dishwasher.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
                        Here in America we call them Duvets. Hey, they both start with 'D'!! Very nice.

In your other post, enjoy your Miele dishwasher. I, too, love Miele and have their dishwasher.
                        g'day, Vera... I'll enjoy *any* dishwasher although I'm looking forward to the Miele. My old one was a Bosch and it didn't have the 3rd tray for cutlery. I'll use that for a lot of items that tend to fall through the other baskets.

Comment

I think other brands are copying the third tray now. I love the third tray and really dislike the baskets where the silverware 'nests' . The brand I had before Miele had the basket in the front middle and a open ring in the middle so the wash tower had a place to rise up. Loading that dishwasher was a royal pain as nothing wanted to fit well. Once I had a Miele, there was a world of difference in quality and design. They say imitation is the best form of flattery!

Comment

I have a Bosch dishwasher and I picked it because it was so quiet when it was running, but I wish it had a cutlery tray, those baskets are not good. They are not in the middle, they are on the left side, facing the dishwasher, but nothing fits right in the baskets, it always is a mess trying to fit it all in.

Comment

I have a removable basket on the bottom shelf of mine. When I load it I’ve always made a habit of keeping the utensils separated. I use the slotted covers on the basket, table knives go in one, forks in another separate section and spoons in their own section. I like that I can lift out the basket and put it all away right at the drawer.

Comment

Working...
                              X