Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 23rd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

We will have a balmy day with a high of 38 and the low of 30 with a mix of snow/rain this morning.

I am solo tonight so will have a baked sweet potato and roasted broccoli.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Another mild, snowy day, but at least the snow is not as heavy. DH & DH and our nephew have gone out for another day of roof shovelling, snow load is getting pretty heavy on home/cottages and ppl are crying HELP!!! I will whip up some kind of soup for them when they come in at noon. Dinner I think will be salisbury steaks, mashed potatoes and peas.
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Like, I wish I could like roasted broccoli, its the only veg I do not like roasted. I got an electric steamer a few weeks ago at the Goodwilly for 4 bucks and I have been using the heck out of it to steam veggies, so I usually just put broccoli in there.

I have a hair appointment at 2 which takes forever so I put a chuck roast in the crockpot and I can just whip up a salad when I get home.

Comment

muz, It has taken me years before I could tolerate, let alone like, some vegetables with broccoli being one of them. For me, the roasted ones have a more concentrated flavor and steamed runs second. A pot of water and there is not flavor left and the texture is so wet and soggy that I just don't care for them that way. Cauliflower is one that took me a long time and I only really like it when it is roasted.
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

It’s been rainy, sunny, breezy and now darkening up to rain again. We drove down to the Arlington Airport and I got my second dose of COVID vaccine. I was surprised that the lines of cars were much shorter today, we were in and out before my appointment time arrived. That’s a load off my mind for sure! Ken’s appointment is on the 9th.

We’re having Cook’s Country Boogaloo Wonderland sandwiches and pasta salad for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
            It’s been rainy, sunny, breezy and now darkening up to rain again. We drove down to the Arlington Airport and I got my second dose of COVID vaccine. I was surprised that the lines of cars were much shorter today, we were in and out before my appointment time arrived. That’s a load off my mind for sure! Ken’s appointment is on the 9th.

We’re having Cook’s Country Boogaloo Wonderland sandwiches and pasta salad for dinner.
            Charlene , how are you feeling today after your second covid vaccination ? I know people who had quite a reaction after the second shot. Hopefully you are ok.

Comment

So far so good Sabine! My arm is a little sore, may hurt more tomorrow like it did with the first one. Fingers crossed neither you nor I have bad side effects!

Comment

Working...
              X