Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covid

When will it ever go away?!
    We have been in lock down since December 26 and just moved up to the 'control' last week. There are apparently many variant cases in our area now and there is talk of another lock down any day. Ugh. We have not had many cases in our area as compared to the bigger cities of course, but as I had mentioned before, we are a cottage town and cottagers were allowed to come to their 2nd residences, but were told to 'stay' here and NOT travel between your 2 homes. I do wonder if all these cases are related to these ppl travelling back and forth to different zones. Makes me sick how some people just don't give a sh*t!
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

I have notice that also Mudder. Some just want what they want when they want it and do not care if they put others at risk but are the first complaining when it comes back and effects them. Stay home, stay away from crowds and wear your masks and use sanitizer frequently along with hand washing.

I was asked why I have not complained about being home so much, don't I want out and about? My thought, and just my thought, is that being in a coffin is a lot more confining and permanent then the time frame we have endured and will endure even longer but still have freedom of movement and can still talk, text, and phone friends and family. It is a no brainer for me.

Everyone has there own ideas and thoughts so I guess I will just keep myself as isolated as I can and make the best of it. I ordered online seeds for growing in my garden beds and will start some plants directly for when I can be out in the sun planting and am looking forward for that and putting up windchimes, wind spinners and crocheting on the porch among my flowers.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Well, I don't think that I've complained much about not being able to go out and do things like we used to. I was never one that wanted to go out to eat at a restaurant all the time, I'm not a big shopper, I prefer to do most shopping online if I can anyway. And I've always mostly been a home body, so this stay at home deal is not too difficult for me. I do miss not being able to go to friends place and have coffee and a chat, or a beer on a Friday night. Most of all I miss not being able to hug my family and have them over for dinner or just hang out. I'm sure everyone feels that way tho. We all need some socialization.
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

The restrictions have been an annoyance where we are, but honestly, for us it hasn’t been that bad. We’ve still been able to do the shopping we’ve needed to do for groceries and there have been few shortages of things I normally use. I’ve been an online shopper for years so UPS, FedEx and Amazon Prime trucks are regular visitors in our neighborhood. Ken and I aren’t ones to do a lot of socializing anyway, so that hasn’t been a problem either and we do enjoy being together. I can’t even imagine having to go through this with anyone else. I will say I miss actually eating in a restaurant instead of takeout. Restaurants are open to 25% seating right now but we’re going to wait a bit longer. I just had my second vaccine today, Ken gets his on the 9th. About 2 weeks after that I swear we’re going to Outback for filet mignon and all the other goodies!

Comment

After all the lockdowns and restrictions , and then last week, ( the week from H*** here in Texas ), I am done, I have had it. And the last thing I need is Dr. Fauci telling me that we may have to wear the masks into 2022. Can't stand that man, he changes his mind just about everything at least twice a week if not more often.
          We are very social and not being able to be with our friends is a big pain. I haven't seen some of my immediate family members ( who live here in town ) since Christmas 2019 !!
          Zoom calls, face time, texting and phone calls are not the same and just don't do it for us.
          Sorry LTB, sitting on a porch, crocheting, looking at wind spinners just doesn't do it for me and is just not enough. But if it works for you , so be it. And please don't compare laying in a coffin with a lockdown. When you are dead, you don't know what is going on, but when you are in a lockdown and being restricted, you are alive and know exactly what is going on. Be realistic.
          I have used curb side pick up and food delivery , sometimes it is good, sometimes it's the pits. At least my grocery store reimburses me for food that was not good.
          I am not a big fan of online shopping, I do it now because that is what is available, and it keeps me from going into a store with my mask on and facing the possibility of being exposed to the virus.
          Covid- 19 has become a political issue , when certain politicians want to keep this mask business and lockdown crap going, so they can stay in charge and stay in power.
          Vent over !

Comment

[QUOTE=CharleneG;n750912]The restrictions have been an annoyance where we are, but honestly, for us it hasn’t been that bad. We’ve still been able to do the shopping we’ve needed to do for groceries and there have been few shortages of things I normally use. I’ve been an online shopper for years so UPS, FedEx and Amazon Prime trucks are regular visitors in our neighborhood. Ken and I aren’t ones to do a lot of socializing anyway, so that hasn’t been a problem either and we do enjoy being together. I can’t even imagine having to go through this with anyone else. I will say I miss actually eating in a restaurant instead of takeout. Restaurants are open to 25% seating right now but we’re going to wait a bit longer. I just had my second vaccine today, Ken gets his on the 9th. About 2 weeks after that I swear we’re going to Outback for filet mignon and all the other goodies![/QUOTE}

Charlene , how are you feeling after your second vaccination ? Hopefully you are not having a lot of side effects. I know some people get side effects.
            I am getting my second vaccination on Monday and I can hardly wait, I will be so happy to get that behind me and once I have both my vaccinations ( + 2 weeks) I will feel so much more at ease going out of my house and hopefully resume some sort of normal life ( with my mask on )

Comment

So far so good, but then it was only 6 hours ago. I don’t think I had a reaction to the first one other than a sore arm. I got the food poisoning a week later and I swear, there were a couple of days I was afraid I wouldn’t die and took several days to recover. I’m quite sure it wasn’t a reaction to the vaccine, but I’m watching closely with this one. The only reactions I’ve ever had to vaccines has been sore injection sites and a horrible headache when I got the shingles vaccine.

Comment

I just had a sore arm at the injection site with the first covid vaccine. Same with all the other flu vaccines that I have had over the years.
                But the second shingles vaccination was bad, I had a swollen arm, a headache and just felt bad for several days. That was a bad one for sure.
                I am worried about possible side effects,, but that is not stopping me from getting it.

Comment

We have businesses closing left and right because of all our lock downs. Besides all the restrictions the governor completely shut down restaurants, hair salons
                  barber shops and health work out places that have shown no reason for this shutdowns.. There have been no covid reports in any of these places. So now there
                  are law suites against the governor. The health gyms have won locally and now on to the big cheese. People in businesses are really hurting to keep from drowning
                  Somethings have opened up but with restrictions. Its a sad year and no end in site

Comment

I stay home as much as possible anyway. I'm not a social person. The only place I go is to the grocery store and an antique place once in awhile. DH and I will order to-go at our local Whataburger. I've seen how the managers check the temperatures of their workers every time they come in. I wear my mask anytime I am around other people and religiously use hand sanitizer going in and out of places. I get really irritated when I see someone in the grocery store without a mask on and they tell me I don't need to wear one. I'm thinking to myself, you sorry SOB, mind your own business, not mine.
                    I'm waiting on the vaccine until everyone else gets theirs. I want to see how it does first and I think others need it more than I do at this time. I'm usually a healthy person.
                    My sister had it (she works in the nursing home my mom is in), my BIL and SIL and one of their kids and husband. BIL and SIL don't' believe in wearing masks and think politicians are better equipped to give out medical advice than trained professionals.
                    I see where the cases are starting to go down now and hopefully, that trend will continue.

Comment

Being the liberal that I am, I do think its time for the government to stop giving out these checks, extended unemployment and business loans. I do not feel sorry for businesses that fail, it is a risk you take working for yourself. It is a risk I take everyday. You have to be flexible enough to change with the times and if you cant then it is time to go. If you expect impoverished people to work harder to get ahead when the minimum wage cannot support a family, then you can expect a business to change their model and work a little harder to get ahead. Wearing a mask is not a big deal, you have to have a license to drive a car so its no different.
                      I had big plans to travel last year since I retired, but we don't. Is it disappointing? Yes. Is it the end of the world? No. I have food, I have a roof over my head, and I have to phone to talk to people. Things will not go back to normal, there is going to be a new normal that we have to adjust to. Most of my family has already had the virus, and thankfully it was no worse than a cold. My mother in law is a long hauler left with a lingering cough and shortness of breath. We just do the best we can and hope we do not get it again.

Comment

A $600 stimulus check is not going very far for anybody. Extended unemployment checks need to stop, for sure, some many businesses here in town are hiring, but it is so much easier to sit at home and play video games and just get your check.

Comment

Originally posted by muzette7 View Post
                          Being the liberal that I am, I do think its time for the government to stop giving out these checks, extended unemployment and business loans. I do not feel sorry for businesses that fail, it is a risk you take working for yourself. It is a risk I take everyday. You have to be flexible enough to change with the times and if you cant then it is time to go. If you expect impoverished people to work harder to get ahead when the minimum wage cannot support a family, then you can expect a business to change their model and work a little harder to get ahead. Wearing a mask is not a big deal, you have to have a license to drive a car so its no different.
                          I had big plans to travel last year since I retired, but we don't. Is it disappointing? Yes. Is it the end of the world? No. I have food, I have a roof over my head, and I have to phone to talk to people. Things will not go back to normal, there is going to be a new normal that we have to adjust to. Most of my family has already had the virus, and thankfully it was no worse than a cold. My mother in law is a long hauler left with a lingering cough and shortness of breath. We just do the best we can and hope we do not get it again.
                          I can see where some people need them, or they need food stamps or something, and I do not believe there are enough jobs for everyone that wants one. But, I also think a lot of people do not need them. My mom is in long term care in a rest home and she gets one and then we have to spend it down within a year. What can you buy someone in a nursing home that will total that much? They don't need the checks. For those on SS and those already out of the workforce, they don't' need them either. Nothing has changed for them and if they were living on their income before COVID, they can still live on the same income after COVID.

Comment

There are plenty of jobs available. Yes, of course it depends on what kind of job you are looking for. But if you worked in the fast food restaurant , yes , they are hiring ,at least here in SA. Even if the restaurant doesn't have drive through, they have curb side pick up and delivery . Yes, if you were flipping hamburger, you are not going to get a job in the cooperate world, basically because you are not qualified. Otherwise ,, yes, there are plenty of jobs here in town, but like I said before it is so much easier to sit home and live off unemployment, food stamps and housing subsidy.
                            And as long as we have an administration , as the current one, that will not change. Everything will be " free ", unless you are a tax payer and then watch out. But the people who live off the government have it made for now.
                            Last edited by Sabine; 02-24-2021, 08:05 PM.

Comment

There are plenty of people who actually need them and I am not begrudging them, I was one of those people once. I just think the whole COVID relief has gone to far, its to much, to late. If you have not actually lost a job, you dont need a check. I do get that they expect people to help stimulate the economy with them. As far as the Democratic party spending to much, the party has always significantly reduced the national debt so hopefully there is a plan for that. I can tell you though we have lost a lot of workers. (1099 folks who have never actually filed or paid taxes before) They are not sitting at home playing video games, they are spending it all on drugs. Since foreclosures have halted we are hoping they pick back up soon, if they do there should be a glut of homes hitting the market in July. Banks and landlords should be getting paid, it has just gone on far to long. I do believe there are people who truly need help, I just wish they could fraud proof the system a bit better.

Comment

Working...
                              X