Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 24th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

What a lovely morning with a blue, cloudless sky and the sun making my heart smile. We will have a high of 48 and the low of 35. For this time of year this is a perfect weather day.

I woke up last night smelling salmon patties cooking so I went and checked and nope, no patties cooking. I am taking that as a sign that they should be my dinner tonight so salmon patties it is along with pot stickers and a fruit salad.

What will be your dinner this beautiful day?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Its going to be chicken something, that is as far as I have gotten today. I got one of those virtual reality headsets yesterday. I honestly bought it just so I could exercise. It is so, so, so fun. Today I got to stand on a flying platform on Mars with light sabers and knock flying balls out of the sky. I just cant look down because it makes me want to barf when I do because of heights lol.

Comment

It’s been a beautiful and sunny day today, cold for sure but very pretty. I did all the vacuuming and dusting today, I swear I have no idea how Abby has a hair left on her body! I haven’t had any side effects from the vaccine other than it itches at the injection site.

We’re going to finish the slow cooked Cuban pork and cilantro rice tonight and we’ll have some fruit with it. Here’s a picture of Abby!

https://app.photobucket.com/u/chargo...9-c3f151f74eef

Comment

Charlene - My husband and I have a special fondness for black and white dogs. Our Peppermint Patty, a rescue, was such a great dog and lived until almost 17 years old. She had the life of Reilly and we really miss her. Any dog show that is on, when a black and white dog comes on, my husband always says it reminds him of Pepper. Dogs are such great company but we aren't getting another dog. We take care of our son's dog when he and his family go on vacation. His name is Uno and he is white with black so naturally he is treated like family.

I think this is the first time I have seen a picture of Abby - sweet. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

My granddaughter just adopted a rescue dog, breed ??? who knows, but it also is black and white, her name is Rory. It always takes her a while to warm up to me, the few times I have been able to see her, but once she does , she is all over me. Abby looks like a cutie.
          Charlene it's good to hear that you don't have any bad side effects from the covid vaccination. I am getting my second vaccination on Monday and I hope I won't have any side effects either.

Comment

Our Abby is such a sweetheart and super friendly. She’s almost 10 years old now and we got her when she was about 10 weeks old. She was following some kids down the street and they had no idea who she belonged to. My husband took one look and fell totally and completely in love. We did all the right things, called animal control, had her checked for a microchip. By the time the animal control officer arrived there was no way he was going to give her up. She told us we could keep her with us for 5 days and if she wasn’t claimed she was ours. She’s had some health issues, she’s had to have surgery on both back legs and she’s diabetic now, but it’s really easy to treat her for it. She is absolutely spoiled rotten, but why have one if you aren’t going to spoil them? She is definitely Ken’s baby though!

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
              Here’s a picture of Abby!
              Cute puppy, Charlene... for some reason I thought Abby was a labrador... *LOL* I don't know what gave me that idea. We are puppysitting Lucy for a few days... it's the first time she's been to our home since she left. She has settled in very well. Lucy has a few years on Abby... she's almost 17
              I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
              would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

I loved my dinner on 24th. I had honey mustard chicken in a creamy sauce and served it over steamed rice. I cooked everything in my Thermomix. John was out at poker and he had a bacon and egg sandwich when he got home.
                I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
                would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Working...
                X