Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 26th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a beautiful sunny day with the high of 43 and the low of 35. The snow is still melting but will take awhile before it is gone.

Dinner is beef and noodles that I have pulled from the freezer and put in the crockpot along with roasted carrots, parsnips and a banana, blueberry and strawberry fruit salad.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

In the mood for taco salad today. Also I bought a big container of green sauce from the Mexican store. I am not sure how to describe it, it does not taste like salsa verde, but it has some heat to it.

Comment

My son-in-law is cooking A Cajun dish this evening. I’m looking forward to trying it.

Comment

It is a very pretty day here, high of 1 and sunshine. Just heading out for a walk to the park.
        It is DS #3 BD today, he is 31! I just don't know where the time has gone. He has requested take-out pizza, and DD has offered to go to town after work to pick up a couple of party size pizzas. I baked DS his favourite cookies instead of a cake, Empire cookies, so that is dessert. 'Kids' will head out to the igloo later to have a bonfire and have celebratory drinks.
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Our grocery store has been advertising fish fry for 8.99 on Fridays so I think I"ll
          give it a try. It'd haddock and that is my favorite fish. Just hope it doesn't have
          that fishy taste. LOL

Comment

It’s chilly but we do have some nice sunshine today. When I was going to the grocery store I could see a beautiful view of the Olympic mountain range and the north end of Puget Sound. I’m always astounded about how pretty it is up here.

We’re going to have the last of the Boogaloo Wonderland sandwiches tonight and more of the pasta salad.

Comment

How are you feeling Charlene. Since you went shopping you must be feeling ok.

Comment

We were out most of the day collecting Lucy for her short stay with us. She just went back to the routines we had when she lived here... While we were out we had lunch at Maccas because they have recently brought back their salads which I loved. Wasn't quite as good as they used to be but that's ok. Before they were cancelled they used to have the haloumi option, raw mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and brie cheese but now it's chicken with premixed lettuce and grated carrot. I probably won't order it again, their chicken and salad wraps are better.

Dinner last night was soup and toast... John had pumpkin soup, I had minestrone.
                I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                  How are you feeling Charlene. Since you went shopping you must be feeling ok.
                  I’m doing good, thanks for asking. My arm has a big reddish bump on it, maybe 1” wide by 2” across, and it kind of itches, and I did notice what felt like a swollen lymph node in my right armpit. I’m not concerned about it, I read it’s kind of a common reaction. Overall though I feel fine!

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post

I’m doing good, thanks for asking. My arm has a big reddish bump on it, maybe 1” wide by 2” across, and it kind of itches, and I did notice what felt like a swollen lymph node in my right armpit. I’m not concerned about it, I read it’s kind of a common reaction. Overall though I feel fine!
                    Does the vaccine have to go in the arm? Whenever I get an injection in my arm it limits my movement for a few days. I thought if our doctor can administer the vaccine I could have it in my butt... but maybe not if it's administered in a car park
                    I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Here in the US the vaccination goes into your arm. First vaccination for me was a piece of cake, hardly felt it and the injection site was just a little bit sore. That was all.
                      But I have heard that the second vaccination ( if you get Pfizer ) is a bit different and a lot of people have a more severe reaction that last a few days. But I also know people who didn't have much of a reaction, so it all depends on the individual. I am getting my second one on Monday and hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post

Does the vaccine have to go in the arm? Whenever I get an injection in my arm it limits my movement for a few days. I thought if our doctor can administer the vaccine I could have it in my butt... but maybe not if it's administered in a car park
                        That made me laugh Chayote! I can just picture myself with my butt hanging out the car window in the rain! Sabine is right, all shots are going into the arm. I usually get injections in my left arm, that’s where I got my first one because I was driving. Ken went with me for the second one and he was driving, so right arm it was, right through the passenger window. The guy that gave me the shot said he’d offer me a Band Aid for it but with the rain they weren’t sticking because they were wet. It was raining pretty hard that day.

Comment

I didn't go through drive through , the vaccination clinic was held some rooms in one of our indoor shopping malls.

Comment

Working...
                          X