Have to B*&ch!!!(sorry its long)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have to B*&ch!!!(sorry its long)

My son goes to summer school at a different school then where he went to this past year. I had turned in all the paper work for the summer school to the school he was going to and they were suppose to give it to the new school. Of course it got all screwed up. He was supposed to be able to get on a school bus for trasportation to the new school. They messed up those papers so I had to refill out those papers and turn them in. The new school then proceeded to tell me since the papers were late then I would have to wait 3-4 days for them to schedule a bus. That made me mad because I didn't have any place for my son to go. He was supposed to be able to go home after school. I called up the school transportation board to complain and I got the same story. I asked the school board lady what are parents suppose to do if they don't have a car to take their child to school? She basically said I don't know and she had a tone like she didn't care. I forgot to add that it is state law for my son and other kids to go to summer school because of that test he took.
    The principal of the new school said they had an afterschool childcare that he could go to afterwards. I asked her how much and was told $18 a day.(This is for 4 hours) I told her they better fix the bus situation because I can not afford that.She said ok. I get a note from the childcare center yesterday saying I owe $20 in registration fees and $10 extra for being 10 minutes. Apparently they charge $1 a minute if your late. NOBODY told me anything about registration fees, late fees, or that the hours that were on the door were not the correct ones.I also just filled out a paper with my address and phone number and did not sign any contract with them.
    I did tell them that my son would only be there for 4 days at the most.
    I was SO livid when I read that paper. Good thing I didn't read it until I got home. If I was there,I would have given them a piece of my mind. I have to see them after work today. I'm not going to pay them. I'm just going to pay the $18 a day I owe them for watching him.I'm a little bit calmer today then I was yesterday..hopefully I won't blow up.

I understand your frustration!! What a hassle!!

But... and I'm gonna say something that my father used to say that irritated the HECK out of me... the purpose of fighting is to win.

Having worked in the insurance industry for now 2 years... I can tell you that the folks who call me up and YELL at me are the ones whose files find their way to the bottom of my pile... and the folks who call me up and ask for my help are the ones I'll kill myself trying to help.

Just go in a quietly ask for help. If the first person can't help, ask quietly for that person's boss... till you get what you want.

Good luck!!
    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Good advice! Thats why I didn't go back into there yesterday. I knew I would of had a fit.
      I just have to make sure I take a really big breath before going in.

Comment

Most day care centers have that $1.00 a minute for each minute a parent is late. I know plenty of mothers who are lucky to be alive while speeding like a maniac to pick their child up. I think they are just as dangerous on the road as a drunk driver. It is very frustrating to be a working mother, and it doesn't seem like their are any breaks for the ones who try the hardest.

Comment

$1 a minute for being late. What if there is an emergency or a car wreck on the road? Are they forgiving in that situation? It just sounds like a bunch of BS to me. I hope they get it worked out soon.
          Spicy food speeds up your metabolism. Put salsa on your cupcakes.

http://find-teresa-butler.tripod.com

Comment

WOW! that is a bad situation and costly too...hope they get your son's transportation prob's worked out asap!!!!

Comment

Update sort of..
              I still haven't got anything settled with the childcare people. The lady I was supposed to talk to wasn't there.

There was a bus coming down our main road this morning. I thought it might be for my son so I waved her down. She said she wasn't going to my son's school. She radioed dispatch to find out if she was supposed to pick up my son. They told her that they had no information about my boy and that nobody faxed them anything. Whoa was I PO'd!
              I went to the school and asked them what was going on. Principal told me that she did fax his stuff and that she talked to them on the phone about my situation.
              Who am I suppose to believe?? I think I'm getting the run around.
              I just now emailed the supervisor of the school transportation department and told him I wanted it straighten out today. If I don't hear anything by the afternoon, I'm called every body at that school board building.
              I'm sick of it.
              Have any of you had so much trouble over such nonsense?

Comment

Oh dear........

Comment

thankfully no.

Comment

AAARRRRGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
                    My coworkers are wondering why I'm banging my head against my desk.
                    Ow, my forehead hurts!
                    I had just got off the phone with the bus transportation lady from the school board building. Keep in mind, I talked to the exact same woman last week. I give her my address again and what has been going on. She comes back with " Oh, you're son is supposed to be going to this other school." I said "What??" She said her buses only take them to this different school. I then asked her why the county office, the principal at the school he is attending right now, and another county office person told me I enrolled him in the right school. She says " I don't know". Then I asked her why she didn't tell me that last week when I spoke to her. She says she doesn't remember talking to me. She was also kind of snickering when she was talking to me. That made me really mad. I said I'm glad you found this all so amusing,but this is costing me money. She apologizes and then tells me this other school's phone number.
                    I call up the other school and tell them what is going on. She was real nice and told me to come in there in the morning. She said she'll have the bus situation cleared up and everything.
                    I think I'm going crazy!!
                    Sorry if all this ranting is hard to follow...just a tad irritated on my end.

Comment

Wow, bless your heart, hope it gets straightened out, soon!

Comment

Working...
                      X