Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 1st Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Ick! It is cloudy with the high of 37 and the low of 18 with snow possible later today. So I am not sure if March is coming in like a lion or a lamb. Guess we will just wait and see how it goes out.

I have pulled stuffed pepper soup from the freezer and put it in the crockpot, will make some dinner rolls and have the rest of the pudding tonight.

What will be your dinner tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We had some rain late yesterday, and now there light snow flurries with snow squall warnings for later.
    Roast beef dinner tonite, not sure which vegs yet.
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Today I've been sorting out clothes that have been handed down to Immy by her cousin who she calls "Auntie Kenzie". I don't think Tiff will need to buy anything at all for her this year or next. I kept some of the pyjamas and underwear to have here in case Immy needs to have a bath here.

Home Help came today to change the bed linen, vacuum all the floors and wash the hard floors. I so appreciate her help.

Dinner tonight was crumbed pork fillets, mashed sweet potato and beans from our garden.

Counting down the days until I head up north...
      I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
      would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Totally overcast today and rain water is sitting in our yard due to too much rain that can't be absorbed anymore. In other words, a mud hole.
        I am making an easy dish in my electric fry pan called Mexican Main Dish with broken up spaghetti, ground beef, green pepper, corn, onions, celery, canned tomatoes, chili powder and at the end lots of cheddar cheese melted on top.

Chayote - Do you have an update on Gordon? He has been gone from his house for a long time and I thought perhaps he would be coming home soon. I'm sure he is looking forward to getting back into his house and tending his garden.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
          Chayote - Do you have an update on Gordon? He has been gone from his house for a long time and I thought perhaps he would be coming home soon. I'm sure he is looking forward to getting back into his house and tending his garden.
          g'day, Vera... Gordon is improving. He is home and his son, Scott is caring for him. Gordon has a walking frame to get around and his speech is slowly improving. I took some coffees in today and spent about an hour with him. He will probably not drive his car again but is hopeful to be able to potter around his garden. Thanks for asking about him...
          I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
          would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Making some carne asada today. At the Mexican grocer they sell the beef that is already chip chopped for a better lack of words?

We have been dealing with a nut job whose house we bought through foreclosure. It has been vacant for 2 years and the man hoarded garbage, like garbage piled up to the celing. We have to gut the whole house because its so gross. Anyways, we spoke to him several times over the last few months telling him if he wanted any possessions to get them out. We took possession of the home and the garage is full of tools. He had a fit because they are now my tools. Police were called. What a mess. I have no sympathy, he had not paid taxes in over 5 years and had plenty of time to remove his belongings. We already filled up the biggest construction dumpster of rotting garbage, so I have been busy bossing people around all weekend. We managed to empty it in 2 days thank goodness.

Comment

Happy First of March Monday!

I can hardly believe it’s March already! It’s been cool today but mostly just cloudy and dry. I’ve mostly just been goofing off today.

I’m going to roast a Wagyu beef tri-tip steak and I’m trying out a recipe for an asparagus casserole that has fresh made garlic Alfredo sauce and topped with Parmesan cheese and Panko breadcrumbs. I’ll post the asparagus recipe later.

Comment

I didn't realize that asparagus is already in season. I always think of April / May the season for asparagus. I like roasted asparagus with some parmesan cheese on it.
                Charlene, how are you feeling after your second covid vaccine ? I got my second shot this morning and so far I feel fine, hope I will keep feeling ok. A friend who is a nurse told me to take tylenol right after I got the vaccine and drink lots of water. I will follow her advice, couldn't hurt.

Comment

I’m doing great! Even the redness on my arm has faded and doesn’t itch or hurt anymore. I’m really glad it wasn’t anything worse and I hope you don’t have any bad side effects either.

Comment

Working...
                  X