Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 2nd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a beautiful day with the sun shinning with all it's wonderfulness from a cloudless sky. The high today of 38 and the low of 28.

It is clean out the fridge night so DGS will be a happy person.

What will be your dinner this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I achieved what I set out to do for today. John is now sporting a new haircut and beard trim, aka shaved bald! *LOL* He won't be bald for long because it grows quickly. He never complains when I shave his head.

I cleaned the fridge out, repacked it with only food that he likes. I've finished all the laundry and am now folding it all up.

Tomorrow I have apples to cook... they were given to me by my brother-in-law from his tree. When I get home I'll make them into an apple slice.

Dinner tonight: John had crumbed pork left from last night, steamed potato and peas; I had honey and mustard chicken on rice.
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

It’s cool and cloudy but a few degrees warmer than it’s been. We did a Costco run this morning, we needed another 6 tier wire rack unit for the garage and some grocery items we always get there. It’s really nice to have well stocked freezers and pantry.

I’m going to add some kalamata olives to the bruschetta chicken pasta I made a couple days ago and we’ll have some fruit along with it. The pasta was good but it really needs something extra and the olives and maybe some capers would make it extra good.

Sabine, how are you doing after shot number 2?

Comment

I feel fine , thanks for asking , arm doesnt even hurt and no temp or any other side effect. I am really pleased.
        David got his second shot this morning and so far he feels fine
        Our governor has announced he is opening up our economy, any business will be open 100 %
        also no more masks
        I am not sure it's the right thing to do at this time
        Maybe we should wait a while longer ???

Comment

I just saw that on the news! Even though I’ve had both shots I still wear a mask and we’re not ready to return to life as it was before yet. I think it’s way too soon to open up 100% right now.

Comment

" It’s cool and cloudy but a few degrees warmer than it’s been. We did a Costco run this morning, we needed another 6 tier wire rack unit for the garage and some grocery items we always get there. It’s really nice to have well stocked freezers and pantry. "

Yes, it is great to have a well stocked pantry and freezer until you lose electric power and can't use your electric cook top and don't dare to open your fridge or freezer, because you don't know how long the power will be off. And then to top it off you have no running water. Just saying .....

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
              Yes, it is great to have a well stocked pantry and freezer until you lose electric power and can't use your electric cook top and don't dare to open your fridge or freezer, because you don't know how long the power will be off. And then to top it off you have no running water. Just saying .....
              I would hate to have been in that situation, Sabine. We've never been without electricity except for a couple of hours at a time. When we had our first holiday house in Tasmania we relied on a generator for electricity which we only ran at night to watch TV. We had gas cooking, fridge and hot water and a wood burning fire. Eventually electricity was connected at that house.

Did you have to throw out much food after your power came back on?
              I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
              would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Our power went off and on, sometimes for just a few minutes or hours, we had no clue
                Longest time in one stretch out of power was 12 hours. Longest 12 hours of my life.
                temp outside was way below freezing, lowest was 9 degrees Fahrenheit.
                We did not open our fridge/ freezer at all, no point, couldn't heat anything any way.
                temp pretty much kept stable in my fridge in the kitchen, but I threw out things like mayo, bacon, lunchmeat etc
                my fridge in the garage stopped running and the food in the freezer warmed up, so all that was thrown out. I only had bottled water and slice bread in that fridge, so that was ok.
                funny thing was that once the temps warmed up
                The fridge in the garage was running again
                And kept the right trighin fridgevand freezer
                for figure
                The week from hell

Comment

I totally understand Sabine, we did lose power for about 12 hours several weeks ago from 70 mph winds, but it was so cold out in the garage where the freezer and spare fridge are that nothing would melt. We were lucky that we have a natural gas cooktop and even though the electric ignition for it wouldn’t work we could light it with a match.

Comment

Working...
                  X