Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 4th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Yesterday afternoon was so balmy feeling that I sat out on the porch in the sunshine and heard birds singing along with seeing a couple flying among the trees. The sun felt so warm and wonderful that I hated coming back inside. A change for today as the high of 35 and the low of 21 with spotty snow is forecast.

I am making a spinach, shrimp and gouda cheese quiche tonight, roasted veggies and baked apples.

What will be your dinner this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

My last day at home... I jet off in less than 12 hours. I can't wait to see my grandbabies again.

Dinner tonight was partly cooked and party fridge cleanout. I cooked a pork roast on the BBQ and John made a pork roll for his dinner (sliced pork on a round bread roll). I had some rice in the fridge so I turned it into fried rice and through in all the vegetables that I knew John wouldn't cook. I had a small bowl of the fried rice and then made a salad from the rest of the vegetables.

My bags are packed, I'm ready to go. Heading for the shower now to save time tomorrow. For the next 10 days I'll be soaking up the Queensland sun and playing games with Andrew, who changes the rules of the game if he's not winning... *LOL* He makes up games and then growls at me for not playing properly. Huh? How can I know what the rules are when there are no rules? Could be a l-o-n-g 10 days...
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

I made some spicy Asian chicken meatballs with a spicy glaze, pretty much just winged it with all the Asian sauces I have in the fridge. They came out pretty darn good, but I have no clue if hubs will eat them. I also made feta roasted veggies so again, not sure if hubs will eat them. If not thats his tough luck tonight. I ran out to do my errands and went to 4 different stores which is a huge accomplishment for me, I am usually pooped after one store. I guess this exercising stuff like me.

I rescued a barrister bookcase out of the garbage dump house, and the boys brought it home for me. It stunk so bad like mold I scrubbed it down and gave it a good spray of mircoban. It is absolutely stunning. I always to buy them at the auction I always get outbid so I am a happy camper today.

Comment

Sabine, how are you doing after your shot?

It started out bright and sunny but right now we’re getting some light rain. We did some clean up out in the garage so we can get the new wire rack but in and I did some serious dusting in the house. Not much else happening in the neighborhood today.

I asked Ken what he’d like to have for dinner and he said Beecher’s macaroni and cheese and Nathan’s hot dogs. Works for me!

Comment

I am just fine, both of us are fine. No side effects at all. Thanks for asking.
          My daughter and granddaughter are also fine, no side effects after their first shot.
          all is good and our weather is sunny and 75 degrees.

Comment

Dinner ? Leftover from last night's dinner out
            fajitas with all the sides

Comment

Working...
            X