Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 8th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

The sun is struggling but should win the battle and burst forth in a bit for a day of sunshine along with the high of 58 and the low of 40. That will be a welcome upswing in the temperatures.

I am simmering porkchops in cider after searing them and adding apple quarters, baked sweet potatoes and peas will be dinner.

What will be your start of the week meal this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I have some bone in sirloin steaks I will grill tonight. I am reaching the bottom of the freezer from last years side of beef and this is the stupidest cut of meat. Imagine spreading your fingers wide on each hand and put them side by side, the steaks are bigger than that with a giant round bone in the middle. I made one in the cast iron skillet the other day and it actually tastes really good but its huge and on the thin side. Steaming some green bean to go with, maybe make a cauliflower salad too.

Comment

muz,

Please share how you make a cauliflower salad please. Thank you!!
      Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
      He drew a circle that shut me out.
      But love and I had the wit to win,
      We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

I so wanted to get out for a walk on this Spring like day, but have this annoying knot in my left side - hip area. If I'm not careful when I move I get a spasm and can't move for some seconds, till it relaxes such a pain! Anyhoo, not standing in kitchen cooking up a feast, just picked up a couple of chicken pot pies heat up.
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I think my son-in-law was going to come up with dinner this evening. I ran errands most of the day and didn’t stop at the grocery store for anything.

Comment

It’s a beautiful day today, comfortable temperatures and mostly clear skies. We’ve been sorting out some of the garage and storage shed items, some get kept, some get trashed. We’re going to do some clean up on Ken’s Subaru Impreza this week, we have an appointment next Monday to sell it at CarMax. Since we moved here 1-1/2 years ago it hasn’t even been driven 700 miles, it’s time to let it go. My Forester has higher ground clearance and is a good bit bigger than his, much more practical for what we do.

We’re going to finish up our teriyaki beef, brown rice and salad from Miyako Teriyaki tonight.

Comment

Working...
            X