Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 9th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It will be a sunny day with the high of a lovely 62 and the low of 42.

I am meeting up with my friends this afternoon for a gathering outside and a late lunch/early dinner. I am taking corn chowder along with crusty rolls I have rising as I type. I am sure there will be delicious food along with lots of laughter.

What will be your dinner this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I pulled some smoked pork from the freezer. Trying pulled pork chaffels tonight.

Comment

So Springy like out there today!
      enjoy your afternoon with your friends, livetobake!
      I'm not sure if we are going to get take-out from our Legion or just go for a pre dinner cocktail. Just as of Monday we are back in red zone..able to have 10 dine in. I'm still not sure about that so may make dinner ahead of time and have ready for when we come home. So far, thinking of putting a small peameal chunk in the oven, topped with maple syrup/dijon/rosemary, sides of brown beans and perogys
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Thank you Mudder. Your dinner sounds so good. Really good!

The weather is beautiful here and the air is so "soft" feeling. Not harsh like it has been. Just a beautiful day. I think I will check and see if any spring flowers are coming up yet. Probably not but I will look.
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Corn Chowder sounds delicious. I am not sure what dinner will be this evening. I’ve been out running errands and definitely should have made a market trip but I will save that
          for tomorrow.

Comment

It’s been a very pretty day today. We took a trip down to the Evergreen Fairgrounds in Monroe this morning so that Ken could get his second COVID vaccine. Done! We took a little side trip through old town Snohomish, that is such a cute little place! We’ll definitely be visiting there again soon. We took the backroads to go home. I have someone coming by this afternoon to buy the new in the box queen sized air mattress we bought before we moved because we thought we’d need it for a couple days. We didn’t, except for me using the box for something to sit on until the furniture got in the house.

We’re going to have more of the honey Dijon chicken and spaetzel and some salad for dinner.

Comment

Charlene, good to hear that your husband got his second vaccination. Hopefully no side effects for him.

Comment

He didn’t have any with the first one, so we’ll see. So far so good! We’re just glad it’s done for both of us now. In about 2 weeks we’re going to go to Outback Steakhouse and dine in and splurge! I hope we remember how to act in a restaurant!

Comment

I am sure you will do just fine. We have been going out to restaurants for a while now, it's not quite the same, less people of course and everybody is wearing a mask etc. etc. ... but it is good to get out of the house , a light at the end of the tunnel, I hope.
                  Starting tomorrow Texas will have no more state mask mandate. 100 % capacity for businesses . It will be up to the individual business owners to have a mask mandate or not. It will be interesting to see what the majority of people will do.
                  We have decided to keep on wearing a mask for a while longer, just to be on the safe side, even so we had both of our vaccinations.
                  A lot of debate and discussions about wearing a mask or not wearing a mask.

Comment

We’ll keep wearing ours too. We’re still not fully open yet, restaurants are still 25% for awhile longer. As long as we can still get haircuts, we’re good! That wait between February and June last year was not pretty! We’ve got haircut appointments on Friday.

Comment

Working...
                    X