Shopping the Mall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping the Mall

Our Malls are getting very creative. They are dying because all the major stores have pulled out. Empty buildings w a couple of stores holding on.
    We now have craft people setting up tables and keios thru out the mall. All the crafters have very nice items and there aren't repeats of the same o same.
    Music is playing and it is a bright happy place to be in. Other Malls are trying to duplicate their form as they see how crowded they have become.
    Food trucks are showing up with there specials. Its like a new world.

Ours has craft shows all the time, its just not my thing at all. Now if ours did the food trucks my fat arse would be there in a second! I do the mall walking thing occasionally. I hate going to JC Pennys, they always have weird sales and coupons so I never really know the price of an item. A lot of the stores are going out of business. I do not feel bad though, I would rather just shop Amazon and have the extra money in my pocket. Its not like the retail stores pay their employees decent wages. They need to change their business models to keep up with the times.

Comment

I am not a mall walker . I never did much shopping , but I miss stores like Macy's, Dillard's and Foley's . I used to shop Sears when my kids were young and I would buy a lot of their clothes there, actually did catalog shopping and just picked it up. Never cared for Penny's. Sears changed in what they had to offer in their clothing lines , and it was poorly made, probably made in China.
      Since I don't work outside the house anymore I don't really need to buy much clothes anymore. I much prefer stores like soft surroundings , expensive, yes, but so much better quality and much more stylish.
      So the few clothes I actually buy these days I get there.
      And I prefer the new malls that we have, the destination malls. much more pleasant the old malls . Of course if the weather is bad, then it's a problem.

Comment

Many years ago, my first Mall experience was in San Antonio... the River Walk mall(?). I must admit that it made me feel slightly agoraphobic. It's true what they say about everything being bigger and better in Texas... I did find all the different stores interesting though. The store I liked best of all was Michael's because I'm very in to craft.
        I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post
          Many years ago, my first Mall experience was in San Antonio... the River Walk mall(?). I must admit that it made me feel slightly agoraphobic. It's true what they say about everything being bigger and better in Texas... I did find all the different stores interesting though. The store I liked best of all was Michael's because I'm very in to craft.
          Well, the river walk mall is alive and well, I think. Haven't been down there in years. Again ,lots of the big name stores have disappeared, and with the covid situation even some little stores are gone.
          I have a Michaels store in my neighborhood mall, it is doing just fine, it is open now. But even last year with all the constant lockdowns, they did fine. People could order online and pick up at the store.
          I personally prefer Hobby Lobby over Michaels. Not sure they have Hobby Lobby in Australia ? it's the same kind of store.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
            . Not sure they have Hobby Lobby in Australia ? it's the same kind of store.
            No we don't as far as I know. We have Spotlight which is a combination of yarns, fabric, window coverings, bed linen and towels and other accessories like vases, floor mats
            I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Gee, I haven't been inside of a mall in years. The mall in Victoria, Texas, had Penney's on one end, Sears on the other end, Dillard's in the middle, but all of the stores I went to had doors to the outside and I just walked in those doors. Never liked walking inside much. Slow, unaware people blocking my walkway, irritates me. Not to mention the unattended kids running all over the place.
              Anyway, our Sears has closed down...we liked the tool and appliance sections, clothes not so much. I hear Penney's might be next. Bealls...I have no idea. Best Buy is still there, I think. Maybe one day, after COVID isn't such a threat, I'll go look and see what is still there.

Comment

Working...
              X