Does anyone Jitterbug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone Jitterbug

I mean the phone. I've had a prepaid flip phone from AT&T for a few years. I seldom use it and pay $100 a year at 10 cents a minute. Twice now, I've missed the date to update my minutes and they turn off the phone. They won't let me use the same phone, so end up buying another phone. I've decided to try a Jitterbug flip phone at Best Buy, when I can get there. I'm going to pay monthly for minutes I'll never use, but at least I won't get it turned off again. Does anyone use a Jitterbug?

We have Metro PCS. Its 4 lines of unlimited everything for $100 a month. We haven't had a home phone since 2003.

Comment

Never heard of Jitterbug. Had no clue that flip phones still exist

Comment

It's a cell phone for seniors. Everything is larger.

https://www.greatcall.com/phones/liv...ne-for-seniors

Comment

and you are paying for emergency services you may or may not ever need. ??
          you can enlarge the print on regular phones.

Comment

I have an android Samsung phone, unlimited calls and text, I can take pictures and have face time. I think my monthly bill is about $ 80.00 per month. I love it, I use it on a daily basis , talking and texting.
            We still have a home phone and I really don't know why ? It is way overtime to get rid of it.

Comment

When we moved out of CA we decided not to get a land line in WA. All we ever got were robot calls on the land line. We kept our cell phone and our original phone numbers. We use our cells for EVERYTHING! We don’t have a computer, we have 2 cells and 2 iPads. I do my banking, bill paying, online shopping, everything on my cell. We currently have iPhone 6s’s, looking into upgrading phones soon. Try to take my cell phone away and you might lose a hand!

Comment

I pads are computers. And to a certain degree so is your cell phone
                cell phone is just like a computer , but with the ability to make and receive phone calls

Comment

I agree Sabine. I’m just saying that after having desktop and laptop computers since the mid 90’s we now do everything on cell and iPads. I rarely use my iPad but my phone gets heavy use. I laugh now because I distinctly remember saying many years back that I didn’t need to have Internet! Boy, was I ever wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                    and you are paying for emergency services you may or may not ever need. ??
                    you can enlarge the print on regular phones.
                    The emergency part is optional. I'm just going to pay for the lowest minutes they offer. And, it's not the print, it's the larger keys. On my old flip phone I had to literally use my thumbnail to get on the edge of the key to go through the menu options. I just want simpler, and larger keys. I'll never use the internet on a phone, so see no reason to get the other kind and I'd probably break the screen sooner or later. The flip phone closes up. Basically, I just want a phone when on the road in case we need help one day. I still have my home phone and intend to keep it. Caller ID and answering machine lets us decide what calls we want to answer.
                    Last edited by AllieK; 03-17-2021, 02:16 AM.

Comment

I've never heard of a Jitterbug (other than the dance). We have Samsung phones now but a couple of years ago John had a flip phone that was designed for seniors. He managed it ok but only used it for calls, i.e. he has never sent a text message. Last Christmas he received the latest Samsung smart phone and loved to make me jealous that it was a better phone than mine. He has surprised me with how much he can do on his new phone: he asks Google all sorts of questions, reads the news, checks the weather... still doesn't send texts but he receives them occasionally.

We haven't used our home line since we went on to the NBN but I've reserved the number at no cost. I can use the number for free but just haven't got around to connecting a phone to it.
                      I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Working...
                      X