Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 16th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is cloudy today with a chance of showers off and on with the high of 51 and the low of 37.

I am making a blue cheese souffle with crab, salad and fruit salad.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Making corned beef and fried cabbage tonight. I couldn't wait for tomorrow

Comment

It has been a beautiful day today, bright and sunny. Ken got the back yard mostly mowed today, seem like it gets bigger every time he does it. We are seriously considering getting a small riding mower, it’s just getting really hard for him to do all our lawns and it wouldn’t take too many times of hiring a gardener to pay for the mower. I got our car sale check deposited, stopped and made an income tax prep appointment and did some grocery shopping. I got 2 really nice corned beef briskets, one to cook for tomorrow and one to freeze.

We’re having Shake and Bake pork chops, cheesy scalloped potatoes and green beans for dinner.

Comment

I was extremely tired this night. I made John's dinner of steak, eggs and onion and then sat down in my armchair and went to sleep. Woke up at 10.30pm, heated a bowl of chicken and corn soup and then went to bed.

We visited Gordon at the hospital where he is in transition care. Residents are only permitted two visitor per day. Because his son had dashed in for about 3 minutes, he was counted as a visitor so only one of us could see him. John went back to the car and I visited for about an hour and a half. Although Gordon was very happy to see me, he's very depressed about the situation he is now in. His life just changed overnight and now he will never come home...
        I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
        would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Working...
        X