Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 23rd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

The high will be 68 and the low of 50 along with the wind picking up and rain predicted later tonight.

I will make sloppy joes, oven baked sweet potato fries and JELLO with bananas and strawberries in it.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I did lots of cleaning out of cupboards around the house. I now have a large box of items to donate, I filled 1 garbage bins with stuff that is no longer useful and finally I tidied the cupboard with what remained. I've booked a "Hard Rubbish" collection with our local council... we get one pickup per year. The earliest date I could get was 12th April which isn't long to wait. Tomorrow we are driving to Costco to buy bags of bread flour and whatever else takes my fancy... I rarely go to Costco and only buy what's on my list. On the way home we'll visit Gordon. The next cupboard we clean out will be the built in wardrobes/closets in John's bedroom. There's a lot of stuff in there that can go.

Grocery delivery tonight so we had steak for dinner. John had two hashbrowns, two eggs and grilled onion. I had two hashbrowns and coleslaw.

I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Jello with fruit in it, wow, now that brings back memories. I used to make that for my son when he was a little boy, many years ago . I doubt he would eat that now as a grown man.

Comment

Another lovely day!
        We are going out to have dinner to celebrate our DIL's 40th BD. Heading over to her parents house. We have not seen them in a year!

I made the Jello with bananas and strawberries awhile back after livetobake mentioned it...I had forgotten how good it is, with a little squirt of whipped cream on top
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

It’s a beautiful day today! Ken has been digging up the front flower bed and I’ve been sweeping, vacuuming and Swiffering. Tomorrow morning will be dusting. We had our quarterly service from Insight spraying for bugs, spiders and fleas and ticks in the yard this afternoon too. We have not had even one flea or tick on Abby since we’ve been here.

I’m making tilapia baked fish with tomatoes and olives and we’ll have the rest of the roasted potatoes and brown sugar carrots with it.

Comment

Working...
          X