Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 28th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

A high of 54 and the low of 33 along with rain and wind is the forecast for today. It is overcast and dark out at the moment.

I went freezer shopping and decided on turkey in broth that I will put into the crockpot for turkey and gravy, make some dressing, salad and baked apples will be Sunday Dinner.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We visited Gordon today. He's much better and more positive about this future. It was such a relief to see. He's joined a Men's Club at the home which I think means they sit together for meals and talk to each other... *LOL* He's settling in very well and has made some friends. He's been fitted with a brace to bring his foot back to where it should be and now it doesn't drag when he walks. The improvement was amazing. We'll go back and see him later in the week.

Our dinner tonight: for John it was roast pork, mashed potato and peas; for me it was pumpkin soup and hashbrowns.
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Brrrr its chilly and rainy. I am feeling meatloaf and Brussel sprouts today.

Comment

Chayote, I’m so happy to hear Gordon is doing so much better! I have a fondness for men named Gordon, got matched up with my Gordon 46 years ago! The G on my name is for Gordon.

Mother Nature clearly skipped her meds today! We have had crazy wind, pouring rain and cold temperatures today. The wind has died down, either that or we’re in the eye of a hurricane (not likely!) I’m doing laundry today while I’m doing other household tasks.

I’m marinating a Cornish hen in McCormick’s bourbon and brown sugar marinade and I’ll oven roast it and we’re having farro pilaf and Gulliver’s creamed corn with it.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
          I have a fondness for men named Gordon
          It's a good name, right? I'm yet to meet a Gordon that I don't like, however they are few and far between these days. The old names are coming back into fashion, especially for girls. I know girls with the names Hazel, Daisy, Eleanor, Silvia, Bonny, Molly and I'm sure there are more that don't immediately come to mind. I know boys with the names Albert, William, Ernest, Alfred. The Biblical names are never out of fashion, like Andrew and Hannah.

Gordon is a gentleman and despite the three strokes that he suffered, that never changed...

Comment

I’ve always liked the last name Gordon. My maiden name was Goebel and I got a lot of teasing about it growing up, got called Gobble Gobble and comments about the comedian George Gobel and Hitler’s hitman man Goebbels. Kids are mean. I always wished my last name was Gordon instead, and now it is! Ken is the nicest man you could ever meet, in 46 years we’ve never had an argument, I’m a lucky lady!

Comment

I’ve always liked the last name Gordon.
              Charlene... maybe somewhere in your DNA you have Scottish ancestors... *LOL*

"The given name Gordon originates from a transferred use of the Scottish surname Gordon. The origin of this surname is debated. While it is considered to be derived from a place name, it is not certain that the place name of Gordon, in Berwickshire, Scotland, is the origin of the surname."

Comment

Very interesting! Thanks Chayote! I know my side has Irish, not sure about what Ken’s side has.

Comment

I’ve always liked the last name Gordon. My maiden name was Goebel and I got a lot of teasing about it growing up, got called Gobble Gobble and comments about the comedian George Gobel and Hitler’s hitman man Goebbels. Kids are mean. I always wished my last name was Gordon instead, and now it is! Ken is the nicest man you could ever meet, in 46 years we’ve never had an argument, I’m a lucky lady!
                  Never had an argument in 46 years ?? Wow, that's almost to hard to believe. Not even a teeny, tiny disagreement ??

Comment

We disagree on things occasionally but it never escalates into bad feelings. We are so alike in so many ways that there isn’t really anything to argue about. Neither of us like conflict at all and we know how lucky we are that we get along so well. When my son and daughter in law got together 33 years ago my son witnessed a big family argument in her family and he was horrified. He had never seen anything like that before. They said that all families argue like that, and he said that his didn’t. My DIL didn’t believe it for several years but finally realized we did not argue or yell at each other and we aren’t holding back bad feelings.

Comment

Good for you
                      But I have known too many couples that always insisted that they don't fight / disagree, everything is wonderful and the next thing you know, they are getting a divorce. And everybody wonders what happened ?? Well, what happened was that they didn't tell the truth about their relationship....... just saying. Happens more then we will ever really know.

Comment

We’re at 46 years now, so I think ours is working!
                        My sister was surprised when she saw Ken getting ready to go someplace and he gave me a kiss and said “I love you” as he was leaving. She said “that’s so nice, does he always do that?” Yes, yes we do.

Comment

Working...
                        X