Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 1st Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Well, I guess Old Man Winter played the joke as we are covered by snow with about 2 inches of it. It is pretty but I doubt my spring flowers that are in bloom think so. The high of 33 and the low of 26 with the wind chill between 15-20 degrees and 1-2 inches more of snow throughout the day. Hello April!!!

Potato soup, egg salad sandwiches and a cantaloupe that I got at Aldi that is surprisingly good for this time of year.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Didn’t sleep well last night and when I did finally get to sleep, the phone woke me up. It was Gordon… he’s in lockdown yet again because he has a cold or infection and is awaiting yet another COVID test. I was planning to visiting tomorrow but will have to wait until he gets the results of his test. His family held a garage sale today and I’m relieved that Gordon didn’t see what they were putting out for sale…

I did have a nap this afternoon which made up for a night of little sleep. My recliner is so comfy.

Dinner tonight involved cleaning out the fridge. John had the last of the curried sausages with mashed potato and peas. I had the rest of the chips reheated in the air fryer with a packet of salt & pepper prawns from the freezer. We both finished up the watermelon. Now the fridge looks almost empty.

I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Brrr its yuck outside. We only got a covering of snow, but its the hard icy kind. Seems like a good day for a pot of chili.

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post
        Didn’t sleep well last night and when I did finally get to sleep, the phone woke me up. It was Gordon… he’s in lockdown yet again because he has a cold or infection and is awaiting yet another COVID test. I was planning to visiting tomorrow but will have to wait until he gets the results of his test. His family held a garage sale today and I’m relieved that Gordon didn’t see what they were putting out for sale…

I did have a nap this afternoon which made up for a night of little sleep. My recliner is so comfy.

Dinner tonight involved cleaning out the fridge. John had the last of the curried sausages with mashed potato and peas. I had the rest of the chips reheated in the air fryer with a packet of salt & pepper prawns from the freezer. We both finished up the watermelon. Now the fridge looks almost empty.
        Where you able to pick up some things for Gordon from the garage sale that he could keep in his room?

Comment

We got the wintery weather here as well!
          We got word the other day that chances are we were going into another lock down, we went to town and did a super big shop.
          So, we get home at lunch to listen to the news - yup - another lock down, at least 4 weeks, province wide. The variant cases have gone up 53+% in one week! It is looking like we may be able to get our vaccinations very soon.
          Dinner is a tater tot casserole.
          A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

It’s been a quiet day today, had to take Abby down to the vet for the day so they can do a blood sugar curve reading on her so we can regulate her insulin. It’s strange not having her here, I keep looking for her. She should be finished about 4:30 PM.

I’m going to make hamburger gravy over garlic mashed potatoes and either salad or baby peas with it.

Comment

My son-in-law has a pot of chili cooking and we will have cornbread to eat with the chili.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post

Where you able to pick up some things for Gordon from the garage sale that he could keep in his room?
                g'day, Sabine... I didn't go to the sale. It didn't feel appropriate. They did give me Gordon's big book on roses which I'll keep but not sure I will use it. Gordon cared for my roses, not me. I don't have the first clue about pruning them. Some of Gordon's books are going into his nursing home and various bits and pieces. They are looking for his minerals trophies but can't find them. I just hope that his son didn't throw them out in the first week that Gordon was gone.
                I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
                would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Working...
                X