Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 2nd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It will be a high of 39 and the low of 27 along with a mostly sunny sky. After watching it snow all day yesterday along with a steady wind blowing today is a beautiful day.

DGS said the potato soup was so good yesterday that he will reheat it back up for dinner tonight and make grilled cheese sandwiches along with a coconut cream pie.

What will be your dinner this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Leftover chili today, I just do not feel like cooking.

Comment

Originally posted by livetobake View Post
      Good Morning!

It will be a high of 39 and the low of 27 along with a mostly sunny sky. After watching it snow all day yesterday along with a steady wind blowing today is a beautiful day.

DGS said the potato soup was so good yesterday that he will reheat it back up for dinner tonight and make grilled cheese sandwiches along with a coconut cream pie.

What will be your dinner this evening?
      So who is making that coconut cream pie ?? Has to be LTB , right I mean we know ( according to LTB's past dinner posts ) her grandson doesn't do pie crust, so I am sure coconut cream pie is not in his repertoire. Just wondering , that's all ? Enjoy your pie

Comment

Since I am on this dinner thread I think I will post our dinner for tonight. I usually don't post about dinner, because I don't cook very much. But we are having company tonight ( yes , everybody had their covid vaccination ) so I am fixing salmon filets with a lemon dill yoghurt sauce , Hasselbeck potatoes and grilled asparagus. Our friends are bringing dessert.
        We don't usually have dessert on a daily basis, we don't need the calories, who does ??
        Last edited by Sabine; 04-02-2021, 05:21 PM.

Comment

That does sound good Sabine!

It’s been a very pleasant day today and I really haven’t accomplished a thing all day. I don’t feel guilty about it though!

I’m going to make some cheese enchiladas and refried beans for dinner, haven’t done that in quite awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
            That does sound good Sabine!

It’s been a very pleasant day today and I really haven’t accomplished a thing all day. I don’t feel guilty about it though!

I’m going to make some cheese enchiladas and refried beans for dinner, haven’t done that in quite awhile.
            Thank you Charlene. I have always wanted to try Hasselbeck potatoes, really easy to fix, a little time consuming to slice the potatoes , but other then that , easy. I always put parmesan cheese and some cooked crumbled eggs on asparagus . I want to try a sauce one of these days, some kind of aioli , garlic aioli. Haven't managed that yet.

Comment

Its cold and Good Friday. So i had Pierogi that i bought at the Polish Market. They had a large variety so I tried the stuffed banana pepper ones There is 6 in a package
              and I had 4. They were good. My next try will be Buffalo Wing pierogi. The pierogi stand was so busy that they were out of the regular ones when I got to the front.
              And to finish it off a bag of Carmel coated popcorn

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post

Thank you Charlene. I have always wanted to try Hasselbeck potatoes, really easy to fix, a little time consuming to slice the potatoes , but other then that , easy. I always put parmesan cheese and some cooked crumbled eggs on asparagus . I want to try a sauce one of these days, some kind of aioli , garlic aioli. Haven't managed that yet.
                I love this on asparagus, steak, on a spoon, it’s just so good!

BÉARNAISE BUTTE

200g of butter (room temperature) (about 1 cup)
                2 tsp of Dijon mustard
                1 tablespoon of lemon juice or white wine vinegar (I used the vinegar)
                3 tablespoons of freshly chopped tarragon (or 2 tbsp dried tarragon) (I used about 3 Tbsp dried)
                1 tablespoon of freshly chopped shallot (I used Penzey's Air Dried Shallots, crushed with mortar and pestle and soaked. I used about 2 Tbsp)

DIRECTIONS

In a bowl, mix the soft butter with the rest of the ingredients.

Place the butter on a piece of parchment paper and roll it until you have a nice firm log. Close it firmly in both ends. Now put it in the fridge and let it harden. Store for about 1-2 weeks in the fridge and a few months in the freezer.

Whenever you need it, you just cut a slice of bearnaise flavored butter and put it on your steak or patty. Yes, it even goes for breakfast!

Comment

Thank you Charlene, that sounds so good, delicious. I am printing this out and have to try it one of these days.

Comment

Happy to share it! It is amazing on a good steak and asparagus. I used to order the bearnaise butter on my steak at Black Angus and put it on my roasted asparagus too.

Comment

Working...
                    X