Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 6th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It will be a mostly sunny sky today with the high of 78 and the low of 55. What a perfect day for open windows.

I am not sure what will be dinner as I am solo so will just wait and see what calls my name later.

What will you be having tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Tomorrow will be a day of gardening and possibly visiting Gordon if he's permitted to have visitors. I have a plant to take into him. Being in a nursing home is no excuse to forget that he's a gardener... His house is almost ready for sale. I'll go in tomorrow and take a few cuttings from his fernery so I can make up a pot of succulents for him. He has a small area undercover just outside his room and I noticed that other residents have plants to tend.

We had roast pork tonight. Our grocery order had some nice fresh breadrolls included so they became dinner as soon as the pork finished on the BBQ. Dessert will be icecream... John will have his with sliced banana and I'll warm some pureed apricot (from our tree) and pour it over the icecream.
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

I hope you get to see Gordon soon. I am sure he doesn't have many visitors and looks foreword to seeing you.
      Dinner tonight, not sure yet. Thinking about maybe a Taco salad and some fresh fruit.

Comment

I have a prime rib in the oven and a pot of mushrooms going. Im going to make and sesame green beans to go with. I have a hair appointment tomorrow morning then finally we get the vaccine. Its been so hard to get an appointment anywhere.

Comment

Everyone’s dinner sounds great. I am clueless about dinner this evening. I ran errands today but accomplished nothing.

Comment

It’s another beautiful day today, just perfect. It’s supposed to be rainy tomorrow, figures, we have to go to Everett for Ken’s ophthalmology appointment in the afternoon. We did some more weed pulling in the front yard and I got my old portable sewing machine out, wiped off the case and posted it for sake on Next Door. It’s almost 50 years old but looks brand new and I didn’t use it all that much. Lots of accessories to go with it too.

We’re going to have the rest of the takeout from Miyako’s Teriyaki tonight. Teriyaki beef, brown rice and salad.

Comment

50 year old sewing machine. Are you trying to sell it or give it away ? I can't see buying a 50 year old sewing machine when you can buy a new sewing machine at Walmart for less then $ 100.00 .
              A Brothers sewing machine at Walmart starts at $76.00 .
              Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                50 year old sewing machine. Are you trying to sell it or give it away ? I can't see buying a 50 year old sewing machine when you can buy a new sewing machine at Walmart for less then $ 100.00 .
                A Brothers sewing machine at Walmart starts at $76.00 .
                Good luck.
                Old model sewing machines, depending on the brand, sell for good amounts. I currently have three Swiss Elna machines. I used to have a stall at several craft markets and I was sewing full time while my children were in school. Rather than waste time rethreading one machine I bought two more so I could move from one to the other. That was 20 years ago and now I'm going to sell two of them. They will sell for good amounts of money because, unlike the modern day Elnas, the ones were made in Switzerland and are good, heavy machines. I'm torn as to which two to sell. I have two of the Elna SU models which have cams for different stitches and one Elna TS which is my original machine that I bought when I was 16. 'Sentimental me' wants to keep the one I bought at 16 but 'sensible me' wants to keep one of the SU models that was barely used before I bought it 20 years ago and still looks like a new machine. These machines are a dream to use.

http://needlebar.org/main/elna/graphics/image025a.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/XAPHCyG.jpg

Good luck with your sewing machine, Charlene... hope you do well with your sale.

Comment

We’ll see what happens on it. I’m not asking much for it and it does come with 2 boxes of needles, bobbins, various “feet”, tools, full set of instructions, button holer etc. If someone really needs it I’ll give it away. It’s in excellent condition and was always kept in the case.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                    We’ll see what happens on it. I’m not asking much for it and it does come with 2 boxes of needles, bobbins, various “feet”, tools, full set of instructions, button holer etc. If someone really needs it I’ll give it away. It’s in excellent condition and was always kept in the case.
                    What brand is it, Charlene?

Comment

Sewing machines that were originally made in Switzerland, like Elan and Bernina , are now made in Thailand, Taiwan and China or even Vietnam. Yes, the companies outsourced to foreign countries.
                      A machine 50 years old + is not up to date like a new machine. New machine these days have so many more options as far as stitches , embroidery function, computerized etc. But if a person just wants a machine for some very basic sewing , then an old machine could be the machine to go to.
                      Charlene I hope you find someone who wants your machine

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post

What brand is it, Charlene?
                        It’s a Sears Kenmore. I can’t remember what company was making them for Sears at that time, but it was one of the well known brands.

Comment

Deleted comment, pictures aren’t working.
                          Last edited by CharleneG; 04-07-2021, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post

It’s a Sears Kenmore. I can’t remember what company was making them for Sears at that time, but it was one of the well known brands.
                            Charlene, that makes 2 of us. My first sewing machine that I bought in 1972 was also Sears Kenmore machine, in a cabinet, I still have it, love it. Doesn't do much besides straight stitches , but I used it for so many years, made my daughters cheerleaders outfits on that machine and t-shirts for my son when he was a little boy, stretch and sew patterns, do you remember those patterns ?
                            I don't know who made those sewing machines for Sears ?? The Kenmore washing machines were made by Whirlpool in those years and I still have one of those .
                            I miss those Sears Kenmore appliances , they were good and lasted forever.

Comment

The sewing machine I have is a zig zag model, I think I got it in 1972 also. It’s heavy, even for a portable. I’ve had many Kenmore appliances over the years, they’ve always been great.

Comment

Working...
                              X