Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prince Philip died, an announcement made couple an hour ago...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince Philip died, an announcement made couple an hour ago...

He had his faults but he remained loyal to the Queen. I'm sad that he didn't make it to 100 years old... recently he said he was looking forward to receiving a letter from his wife. (Everyone living in the Commonwealth receive 100th birthday greetings from the Queen.)

It will remain to be seen how his funeral will take place in a COVID-ravaged country.

I stuffed up the heading... it should read "an announcement was made an hour ago"
    Last edited by Chayote; 04-09-2021, 07:53 AM.
    I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

I, too, thought he would make it to 100 with his birthday in June. He died peacefully and had the best medical care. Rest in Peace.

Comment

I was not surprised to read that this morning
      the last picture that was printed , when he was released from the hospital, he looked so frail , he looked scared. He looked like he had no clue where he was.
      he had a long life

Comment

Quite honestly I can not believe in this day and age there are such archaic things such as a monarchy that the public funds. Not that it is not sad, but its time to abolish such things.

Comment

Originally posted by muzette7 View Post
          Quite honestly I can not believe in this day and age there are such archaic things such as a monarchy that the public funds. Not that it is not sad, but its time to abolish such things.
          I doubt that will happen. It is a way of life for Britain, always has been. I really doubt the the Queen will abdicate even at age 94. In my opinion she should and let her son take over, who already is 73 years old. He could pass away before her and before he becomes King.
          I was born and raised in Germany and grew up with daily news about the English royal family, so I have followed all their trials and tribulations. And there are a lot of British people who would like to abolish the monarchy. Not sure how that could be done ?? Doubt that will happen.

Comment

Perhaps this will bring the boys some healing.

Comment

I have always been drawn to the British Royal family. Back in the 1970s, Princess Anne and Prince Charles visited the White House and my girlfriend and I took a bus over to DC from the Pentagon and waited on the lawn for President Nixon and the Royals to come out and address the crowd. There was a lot of excitement. The British Royal family also brings in millions of tourist dollars to Britain. Everyone who visits London wants to go see Buckingham Palace and the changing of the guards. I know the British aren't overly fond of them but they forget the money they bring to the country. Other royals in other countries don't get they kind of attention - Sweden, Greece - who even knows who they are? I have always liked Queen Elizabeth and their life's work has been important.

Comment

I think that people in Europe are much more aware of the British royal family or even any of the other royal families of Europe. I still sort of follow the royal news of Europe via online reporting .
                The funeral for Prince Philip is next week Saturday, April 17. Its supposed to be televised.

Comment

I love the Royals... always have and probably always will. Prince Philip's funeral will be televised and starts at midnight our time. I'm always still awake at that time.
                  I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

England is 7 hours ahead of us and I am not planning on getting up at the crack of dawn .
                    I will catch it later on replay , on you tube.

Comment

Working...
                    X