my little knitting model...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my little knitting model...

These are the jackets I've been knitting to use up the many single balls of wool in my stash. They are destined to be sold when I've finished enough to advertise them. In the meantime, Hannah has started wearing the ones that I made for her...

https://i.imgur.com/yk1BS0v.jpg?1
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

What a cute little girl.
    love the jacket , love the different colors.
    Great job chayote

Comment

Beautiful. I can see the resemblance between Andrew and Hannah - especial the mouth. Wonderful picture.

Comment

g'day, Sabine and Vera... Hannah is like Andrew but most of all she looks like her mum at the same age. I'll dig out a photo of her mum and join them side by side and send it to you.

Hannah is determined to keep up with Andrew. By the time she can walk there'll be no stopping her.

Comment

She is adorable! I can definitely see Andrew there too. The sweater is gorgeous!

Comment

Beautiful baby and the sweater is fantastic.

Comment

Very cute!

Both the sweater and the baby!

Comment

Thanks everyone... she's a beautiful baby with a very strong will... I love knitting this style of baby jacket. It's comfortable for the baby (stretchy) and it's the pattern that my Mum used to make them for all three of my children.

Comment

She is so adorable! Cutie pie!

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                    She is so adorable! Cutie pie!
                    yep... takes after her Grandma... *LOL* just kidding

g'day, Bean

Comment

Super cutie patootie model! And such a lovely sweater, Chayote!
                      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Chayote was nice enough to send me the pattern along with a chatty email a few years ago so that I could knit one for my coming granddaughter. I finished it, but it didn't look nearly as beautiful as Chayote's sweaters (jackets) that she knits from this pattern. Maybe practice makes perfect and I may try it again, but I'll never come close to the beautiful work of Chayote. Her photos make it look so easy!

Comment

Originally posted by Home buddy View Post
                          Maybe practice makes perfect and I may try it again, but I'll never come close to the beautiful work of Chayote. Her photos make it look so easy!
                          Hi, Home buddy... I'm glad you did give it a go. It's not an easy pattern despite that it's all worked in 'knit' stitch. I've recently discovered that in order to get a neat underarm seam you need to tighten your tension for about 10 stitches right where the sleeves are attached, i.e. where you cast on the 34 stitches to make the sleeves. Since I did that the jackets are much easier to stitch up.

Has your granddaughter been born yet?

Comment

LOL...Time flies! Elizabeth is 2 1/2 years old. She now has a baby brother, David who was born last July. I'm thinking of knitting David a navy blue one.

Comment

Originally posted by Home buddy View Post
                              LOL...Time flies! Elizabeth is 2 1/2 years old. She now has a baby brother, David who was born last July. I'm thinking of knitting David a navy blue one.
                              COVID messed with me brain when I try to work out how long ago major events happened. I love their names... Elizabeth and David. I feel sorry for children with made up names that they won't be able to spell until they are at high school.

I knitted a navy blue jacket for Andrew. It was not a good idea for him. He had gastric reflux and milk spew *really* showed up on his jacket... *LOL*

I've knitted jackets for Hannah's next 12 months. I just finished the 11th jacket and now I just need to bundle them up and send them to my daughter. Hannah is growing out of her clothes quite quickly. As you can see by the photo that I posted, she's a chunky girl. I love her chubby fingers...

Comment

Working...
                              X