Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 11th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is overcast with rain predicted off and on all day. It is quite a change in the temperatures from yesterday with the high of 60 and the low of 47.

It feels like a I should make Spanish rice with hamburger in it, green beans and the rest of the delicious pineapple.

What will be your Sunday dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We've been working today. The Council is doing a hard waste collection from our house tomorrow. It's all large items that we have no way of getting to the rubbish tip so once a year we get a free pickup of those items. Also tomorrow my new dishwasher is being installed... *hip hip hooray*

Dinner tonight was bbq sausages and fresh bread. Dessert will be icecream, banana and stewed apricots
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Beautiful day so far in the DC area. Rain is predicted later today. It is our youngest grandson's 4th birthday. I am bringing a fruit platter. You would think I was feeding 25 people. I have about 10 different fruits cut up and in individual bags. I will put together when I arrive at my son's house. Plus, I made a fruit dip with vanilla yogurt, orange marmalade and honey. We are meeting at 2 pm so not sure when late lunch/early dinner will be. My daughter in law's dad is quite the baker so I'm sure he will be making a beautiful cake. One cake he made had a strawberry filling and a kiwi filling - delicious. He also makes his own French buttercream frosting - to die for. Not overly sweet either. I have read the recipe on the French website that he uses. Too complicated for me.

Comment

Chayote - I know you have been waiting and waiting for your new Miele dishwasher. It is worth the wait and you will love it. Now, get those dishes dirty so you can use it!!

Comment

My daughter and I took the kiddos to see my mom. That woman drains the life out of me, but I kept a smile on my face and didn't get snippy. I just had way to many cocktails after and boy am I feeling it today. At least I am highly productive with a hangover. I scrubbed the floors and baseboards and dusted already.. I am feeling a double mushroom pizza for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
            Chayote - I know you have been waiting and waiting for your new Miele dishwasher. It is worth the wait and you will love it. Now, get those dishes dirty so you can use it!!
            g'day Vera... no, I ended up cancelling the Miele dishwasher because they are not going to be in stock here until their COVID situation improves. Also, we are likely to be moving by the end of the year and I had no intention of leaving a dishwasher worth $2,700!! I purchased a Haier brand (made by Fisher & Paykel according to the installer) and only paid $499 for it. I've been handwashing dishes for months now and I've had enough...

Comment

Where are you planning to move to Chayote? Far away, close by?

It’s a beautiful day in the PNW! Bright and sunny but chilly if you’re not in the sun. Ken worked on doing some brick and weed clearing in the front yard to prep for the landscaper. He keeps saying he could do it, and he probably could, but it would take him 2 months instead of 2 days. I put my foot down on this one, it will be done FOR us, not BY us. He needs to finish working on the street rod.

I’m going ethnic tonight...Polish. There was an excellent Polish restaurant in town that closed up due to the pandemic that we really liked, so I’m trying a couple recipes that I found for what we had. Kotlety Wolowe Siekane (Polish Ground Beef Cutlets) and Surówka, a Polish sauerkraut, carrot and apple salad.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                Where are you planning to move to Chayote? Far away, close by?
                We are going to live in Adelaide, Charlene. Adelaide is approximately 700km from here and in a different State... South Australia. That's where Andrew and Hannah are. Our daughter and son-in-law are building a house for us with all the disability-friendly needs built in. All I know so far is that it will have four bedrooms, the kitchen storage will be all drawers and there will be a walk-in pantry, the main bathroom will have a walk-in shower that will be large enough for a wheelchair and another person and there will be no steps at the front or back entrances. It won't be ready until early next year but it will take us that long to downsize our stuff and decide what is going with us. The only things I'll really miss are our fruit trees and vegetable garden but we can plant more in the new house yard. And I'll miss Gordon, of course so we'll be keeping in touch over the phone.

Comment

That sounds very nice and it will be nice to be near Andrew and Hannah. That kitchen-pantry area sounds fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                    That sounds very nice and it will be nice to be near Andrew and Hannah. That kitchen-pantry area sounds fantastic!
                    It's daunting moving after living in our house for 36 years. Adelaide is a much quieter city, more laid back.

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post

It's daunting moving after living in our house for 36 years. Adelaide is a much quieter city, more laid back.
                      That’s for sure! Our move was a nightmare, but I have no regrets that we did it. We were in our previous home from 1994 to 2019, and before that from 1971 to 1994. I was living there when Ken and I met. We moved from Southern California to Northwest Washington, about 1100 miles. I don’t plan on moving ever again! Ken and I both tend to be packrats and we sure had to get rid of things quickly. We’re still gradually getting rid of stuff.

Comment

Being a military family . we have moved many times, 12 times to be exact. Some overseas , some in country. It is never easy. We have lived in the house we are in now for 20 years, the longest time I have ever lived in the same house. The move itself is not the problem for me, moving companies do a great job. Downsizing, deciding what to keep, what to get rid of , that is my problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                          Being a military family . we have moved many times, 12 times to be exact. Some overseas , some in country. It is never easy. We have lived in the house we are in now for 20 years, the longest time I have ever lived in the same house. The move itself is not the problem for me, moving companies do a great job. Downsizing, deciding what to keep, what to get rid of , that is my problem.
                          Sabine, did the military give you assistance with your moves? My son-in-law was given removalists that wrapped and packed all of their belongings and unpacked it all in their new house. If I remember correctly, it was called the concierge service. I'm unsure is everyone being moved by the military gets that service or if he got it because of his rank.

Comment

When we were active military service the moves were paid for and handled by the military. Meaning the military had contracts with civilian moving companies. I don't know how it is handled now ??

Comment

Working...
                            X