Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 12th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is overcast with rain and cool temperatures of a high of 58 and the low of 45.

This feels like a good mac and cheese day, baked chicken and butternut squash.

What will be your dinner this evening?

Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Making tacos and fresh pico today. I saw an interesting veg salad recipe while I was going through an old Martha Stewart cook book. Basically you marinate broccoli, cauliflower, celery and mushrooms in a homemade vinaigrette. I might give it a shot today.

Comment

Busy day and the best part of it was... MY DISHWASHER WAS INSTALLED!!! (yes, I'm shouting) It's running as I type. It's quiet, doesn't take as long to go through a regular cycle and looks great. It matches the refrigerator very nicely.

I spent the afternoon going through all our DVDs and I've reduced the ones we are keeping from just under 300 down to 50. I think we'll need to have a garage sale towards Christmas.

I didn't sleep at all last night so by 9am today I had done four loads of laundry, cooked curried sausages for tonights dinner and started to make up bags of knitting yarn to take to the Op Shop. I know that I'll never use it all and I'm only keeping the good quality yarns.

https://i.imgur.com/gqOMYWh.jpg
      I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Chayote - I know you are thrilled to have a working dishwasher again. I agree, since you will be moving within the year, I wouldn't put in the $2700 Miele dishwasher either. If you are happy with this dishwasher, you might even consider it for your new house if you pick out appliances. Although I believe you said Julia buys all her appliances as Miele brand if they are available. Does your new dishwasher have the third rack? I'm so used to that third rack that if I am at a friend's house, they usually have the basket which I wouldn't even consider anymore.

Comment

It’s a beautiful day today! We’re supposed to get up to about 70 by the weekend. We did a couple of errands and now we’re just waiting for Ken’s video visit with his ophthalmologist at 4:45. Tomorrow we’ve got several places we need to go to; chrome shop to drop off one of the streetrod grill parts for chrome plating, Walmart, Harbor Freight and then go pick up Ken’s new glasses.

We’re going to finish up the Tortellini Alfredo with pancetta and we’ll have a green salad along with it.

Comment

I am surprised that Ken is getting new glasses, in light of the fact that he is having cataract surgery coming up and he will need different prescription glasses or maybe no glasses at all.
            I was extremely near sighted , wore contact lenses. After the cataract surgery no more glasses for distance and only over the counter cheater glasses for close up reading .

Comment

We never expected that he’d get scheduled for surgery so quickly, or for that matter at all. He’d been trying to get them done for over 5 years and was always told they weren’t ready for surgery. He desperately needed new glasses, one lens is delaminating from top to bottom across half the lens and he’s having a hard time seeing. He will still need glasses after surgery for close up and astigmatism so he’ll just get new lenses after the surgeries are completed. I had my cataracts done 10 years ago and I do still need glasses for astigmatism and I need some new ones soon. The pair I have is now 5 years old and it’s time for new ones.

Comment

I guess I lucked out. I also have an astigmatism , but the cataract surgery took care of that. I get my reading glasses from the grocery store , only 1.5 strength.
                Ken will not be able to see through his glasses that he has now after his surgery. He may need a temporary adjustment with his glasses? I don't know the time in between his surgeries. I was lucky I only had 2 weeks between surgeries . Cataract surgery was the best thing I have done and I wish I had done it sooner.
                When is his surgery ? I wish him well .

Comment

The first one is on the 26th of this month, second one is on the 17th of May, would have been a week sooner but we both have things scheduled that week. I had to wait 4 months to get my second surgery in CA.

Comment

Working...
                  X