muzette...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muzette...

do you have photos of the house and kitchen before you worked your magic on them?
    I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Funny story about that house. The previous owner was murdered in the home. The next day his daughter started gutting the house. She took out the kitchen to put in her house, all the fixtures, even took the laminate flooring out. Personally I think she did it, or her husband. They were the greediest people I ever met. It took a year to buy the home because the man owed over a million in taxes but my title company was able to get the leins lifted. It also had sat empty for a year, and had been ravaged by the investigators, so it needed lots of help. Picture gay 80's Italian man decor. Everything was covered in awful 80's wallpaper and purple dye from where they looked for blood. I do hear they are close to arresting someone, Word on the street is he had a thing for young boys, so it should be interesting to see who did it. We have done several historical homes and as much as I love them, I do not think people realize they had a staff to care for such a big home.

Comment

Muzette - I'm just curious - what are the legal obligations you have to disclose the history of this house that includes the former owner being murdered. Some people it wouldn't bother and others it would. I don't know if there is a real estate law to disclosed such information.

Comment

It does not have to be disclosed, at least in Ohio as it does not affect the functionality of the home. People die inside their homes quite often. A quick google of the address will bring it all up though, and I am sure most realtors are familiar with the history of the home. Since the house was built in 1830, I am sure a number of people have passed away in there.

We did a house that was built in 1856 and there had been a double murder in the roaring 20's and a suicide in the home. It was also served as a doctors office when it was originally built and was a part of the underground railroad. If there was a house that was haunted that was it. My workers were afraid to be there after dark and swore they saw ghosts in the basement where there was a bricked up tunnel. The new owners swear they hear a child laughing every now and then.

Comment

People dying in the house is one thing, a murder happening in the house is quite another thing , personally I would want to know.
          Here in Texas that has to be disclosed. It also has to be disclosed if the house had Termite treatment and so many other things. My daughter just sold her house and I saw the paperwork that she had to fill out and all the things that had to be disclosed.

Comment

Such an interesting and intriguing story, muzette... I hope the person responsible is caught.

A murder occurred in the house next to my sister about 30 years ago. It was a rental house and future tenants were supposed to be told. The woman renting called on my sister one day and asked if a man had been killed in the house because she kept hearing his voice asking for someone to help him. My sister told her about the man who was a drug dealer and apparently his last deal went bad. She moved out the next day. Still to this day tenants only stay a very short time in that house.
            I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Thank goodness I don't live in Texas lol. Of course termites have to be disclosed as it would affect the functionality of the home. You can bet your life I went through every inch of the contract just to be sure. Even though we sell at least 6 homes a year I generally just click where it tells me but I definitely did my due diligence this time.

Comment

I think it is for the protection of both the seller and buyer to disclose.

Comment

We got an offer 25k over asking woo hoo! The bad news is that it is FHA and we may have a ton of wiring to do. Everything is up to code but ugh its messy looking so we will wait and see what happens I guess. Also they are aware of the history of the house as we did have several people were going to make offers until the found out.

Comment

Working...
                  X