Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 16th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is cloudy but I am hoping that the sun will break forth before long. The high of 49 and the low of 38.

I pulled some pork chops from the freezer yesterday and will make stuffed pork chops baked in gravy, roasted broccoli and carrots along with applesauce. DGS baked a pumpkin pie last night so we will have that also. He is doing good making them and I get a kick out of seeing him improve with learning new skills.

What will be your dinner this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Great day today because… WE GOT THE BLOCK OF LAND WE PINNED OUR HOPES ON!! This is all happening now… we are definitely moving to Adelaide. It’s a wonderful feeling that we are wanted by our daughter and son-in-law and definitely by Andrew. Hannah, not so much, because I’m one of the people who expects her to sleep during day… *LOL*

Now it’s time to choose flooring and tiling, etc. It will be fun checking on progress each time we visit until we actually move. We are both excited.

Dinner tonight was easy… all I had to cook was some mashed potato and we had curried sausages. Supper tonight will be my fruit smoothie and maybe a couple of Pop Tarts.

I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Chayote - A big congratulations to you and John. When will construction begin on your house? Is this an empty lot within a group of houses already or will you be the first house surrounded by empty land?

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
        Chayote - A big congratulations to you and John. When will construction begin on your house? Is this an empty lot within a group of houses already or will you be the first house surrounded by empty land?
        g'day, Vera... I just sent you an email with a picture of the block of land and the plan for the house. It is a random empty block, the only vacant land in the street. I don't know why it wasn't built on before. If you search the address on Google Map you can see the other houses in the street. They are all nice houses with neatly tendered gardens. It's an area that has been established for about 4 years so there are trees everywhere and a gorgeous park where we can take the children.

Go and check out the email...
        Last edited by Chayote; 04-16-2021, 09:22 AM. Reason: grammar
        I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
        would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Congrats Chayote, I know you are a happy lady
          so exciting

Comment

It is a beautiful day here, not a cloud in the sky and the temperatures have been in the low 70’s. We went to Mount Vernon and Burlington to pick up a few items, then came home to do some yard stuff.

I’m going to make imitation crab quiche for dinner and we’ll have a salad with it.

Comment

Chayote: awesome news!

Dinner here is chicken balls and rice...fried up meatballs, tossed in to casserole, topped with cream of chicken soup, peppers/onion/celery/broccoli served over rice. Invited our daughter and hubby over for dinner. This will be the last time in who knows how long we will see them. We cannot even gather outside of home with anyone other than our family now, most businesses shut down and stores only allow 25% capacity for grocery stores. Our cases have gone up like crazy. We had just under 5,000 yesterday. Ugh, here we go again. Hubby and I are booked for vaccinations on May 11th. Baby due May 3rd ish or so, good chance we will not get to hold our first grand baby.
              Last edited by MudderBear; 04-17-2021, 09:11 AM.
              A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Working...
              X