Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 21st Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Snowball fight anyone? There is at least four or more inches of snow on the ground, rooftops, cars and on the leaves that have come out. I am glad I picked my lilacs so that I have springtime in my house at least. It has stopped snowing and I think we will not get anymore as the high will be 39 and the low of 29.

I am making sweet and sour pork over jasmine rice, rolls and a salad for dinner.

What will you be having this Wednesday?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I'm back if anyone missed me. I wiped myself out by cleaning out the laundry of chemical cleaners and I guess I inhaled something that my lungs didn't approve of. I'm almost back to normal... just a sore throat and the back of my nose.

John is out tonight playing poker and isn't home yet. I'll give him leftover chicken and potato from last night. I had spaghetti bolognaise.

I've started packing things that we won't need for the next however months until we move. I'm also packing personal items like family photos that I don't want to appear in real estate photos online. Whoever thinks that moving is fun, think again!
    I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

We ended up getting 6 in of snow last night and I had tons of errands to run this morning. Thankfully the roads were clear. My goofing dog woke me up at 3 to go out and I couldn't get back to sleep. Making a simple recipe for sticky chicken, if its awful then we can have sandwiches.

Comment

Chayote, I hope you feel better! Be careful with those chemicals! And you are right, moving is definitely not fun.

It’s another perfect day up here, temperatures in the mid 60’s. Ken has been working on the 1938 Ford a lot recently, especially since it’s warmer in the garage. It’s hard to work in there when it’s only about 30. I went up to Mount Vernon and Burlington and went to Walmart for a few items and then went to Costco. My feet were cryin’ the blues by the time I got done. Now I’ve got my feet up and Abby is on the couch with me burying her treats.

We’re going to have our leftovers from Jimmy’s for dinner tonight along with a salad and maybe some garlic bread.

Comment

I fixed a personal sized Spanish Tortilla tonight. I just need to cook for myself now so even this is a bit much for me. I could have done without the cut I got using the mandolin. Stressful day here today. I am going to eat, take the dog out and go to bed to watch TV and read

Comment

Working...
          X