Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 22nd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Surprise, more snow overnight. It warmed up yesterday and most of the snow melted but this morning we have another 2-3 inches. It is sunny with clouds moving in late this afternoon. The high of 47 and the low of 33.

I spent most of the day in the kitchen yesterday restocking my freezer with meals as I was getting low on them. I kept out some turkey, dressing, gravy and mashed potatoes. I will add Waldorf salad and peas for our evening meal.

What are you having tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Making cheeseburgers tonight with some kind of veg on the side. I have a cauliflower to use but I am also feeling a cucumber salad.

Comment

hi, Muzette... I almost bought a cauliflower today at the greengrocers but decided not to and by the time I got home I wish I had bought it. I've been making cheese sauce in my Thermomix and it would have made a nice dinner. I'll probably go back tomorrow and get one... they are cheap at the moment at $4.95 each.

We had our podiatry appointment today which is always a relief. After that I went to the greengrocers and bought tomatoes, bananas, cabbage, a bag of carrots and a bag of onions. I used to buy all those things from the supermarket but soon realised the price and quality of fruit and veg. are better from the greengrocer. Right next door is a wholesale butcher so I came out with some lamb, pork spareribs and a tray of chicken.

Been packing DVDs and CDs. I've limited them to one box each and so have been sorting out what we will keep and which ones will be donated. Of course John wants to keep all his John Wayne movies... they are already packed. I think all the CDs will be packed with the children's ones given to Immy.

My son is on the verge of buying his first home. He decided he couldn't travel the world now so he may as well spend his money on a home. I hope he is successful with the one he showed me today... gorgeous ground floor unit with a courtyard for Lucy.

It's late but I'm going to sit in my recliner and do some knitting for a while before bed. I found a nice pattern online for a little sleeveless cardigan that I think will suit her.

https://i.imgur.com/MPVg3Vr.jpg

Dinner tonight: John had steamed potato and curried sausages; I had battered prawns and two tortillas. We both had banana and icecream for dessert.
      I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

That is a nice little sweater, love that color. Now is that one, one you have already made , or one that you are planning on making ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
          That is a nice little sweater, love that color. Now is that one, one you have already made , or one that you are planning on making ?
          I should be asleep but I'm not... could be a long day tomorrow.

I didn't knit the one in the photo... it's just a picture that went with the free pattern. I'm unsure how it's turning out because the neck looks way too wide. The pattern begins at the neck and continues to the hem but it had 78 stitches around the neck and it just doesn't look right. I'm down to the second button and will probably pull it out.

I need the sandman to sprinkle his magic sleeping dust over me so I can sleep!!
          I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Bit of white action happening here, nothing sticking around tho.
            I cooked a small turkey yesterday, so we will have home fries, peas, and finish up the gravy & stuffing.
            A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

4.95 for a cauliflower? I bought 2 because they were 99 cents.

Comment

It started out kind of foggy but it turned out to be a really nice day today. We’ve had a busy delivery day; Ken got the new alternator for the 38 Ford, a couple of baseball caps from Vintage Air (the company that makes the air conditioner going in the Ford), we also just got another delivery from Vintage Air just now that hasn’t been opened yet AND we finally got delivery on the shiny red riding mower and bagger! Abby’s been going nuts with all the front door action.

I’m going to make some Costco Ultimate Fish Sticks, some green beans with bacon and garlic and onion and a package of quinoa and brown rice.

Comment

Working...
                X