Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 25th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is overcast with the chance of rain with the high of 52 and the low of 35.

Chop Suey will be dinner over brown rice, applesauce and I will make dinner rolls later today so they will be hot out of the oven at dinner time.

What will be your Sunday dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

ANZAC day today... much like your memorial day and ours is commemorated between Australia and New Zealand. Very few diggers marching in Melbourne, party due to COVID and partly because the local government tried to change the order of the march after over 100 years and many of the marchers boycotted. I agree with them... no-one should change any part of the annual march.

Looking forward to tomorrow so I'm able to get some painkillers for my knee. I suspect the doctor will recommend surgery that I've been avoiding for a number of years. It was feeling better yesterday but at 7.30am someone knocked loudly on our front door and I tried to get out of bed quickly, twisting my knee in the process. I suspect the knocking was from the two young girls (6 and 7) who live in our street and think it's funny to knock and run. Sooo glad we are moving away from this crazy street and it can't come quickly enough.

Dinner tonight was soup because I couldn't stand up to make much else. I followed up my soup with some crackers and brie cheese.

I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

It’s been damp and cool and cloudy today. We’ve both been lazy today, tomorrow and Tuesday are going to be busy. Ken gets his first cataract surgery done tomorrow afternoon in Everett and then we have to be back there at 8 am on Tuesday for a quick check up with the surgeon. I’ll be doing a bunch of driving, although I might have to clonk Ken on the head to keep him from trying to do it. He’s a really good driver but the world’s worst passenger. Maybe I’ll bring some duct tape and sleeping pills for him!

I’m trying out a recipe for Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta tonight and we’ll have salad with it.

Comment

I was not allowed to drive after my first cataract surgery, but I was allowed to drive after my second cataract surgery. So I didn't have to have anybody driving me for the second surgery. My corrected eye was 20 / 20 after the first surgery.
        hope his surgery will go well tomorrow !

Comment

Working...
        X