Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 27th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

A lovely morning with the high of 80 and the low of 62 with rain later this afternoon. We had rain late in the evening last night and a clap of thunder that made DGS and I both jump. It's been awhile since we have heard any thunder but more will be here in a day or so.

We are having blueberry waffles, sausage, scrambled eggs and dish of strawberries for dinner tonight.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

It was haircut day for me... should have happened a couple of weeks ago but my hairdresser was on holiday. I finally feel human again. After that we drove to see Gordon, only to find he was out enjoying himself with a family member. So there was nothing left other that to go home.

My daughter and I have been going through house plans again. The builder who owns the plan that we liked can't begin building our house until next year so we are going to try another builder. Found a few really nice plans but this house is getting bigger and bigger with each plan we look at. The one we liked even had a small workshop for John which he would like a lot.

It's quite cold without our heating. The repair man is coming tomorrow.

Dinner tonight was crumbed lamb ribs, mashed sweet potato and peas. That was followed up by icecream and banana.
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

I am not sure about where you live, but the prices of construction materials have more than doubled in the last few months. We are looking into getting into new construction but I would make as much profit selling the empty land at this point. Grilling some chicken and making a salad tonight and will probably go for a drive tonigh.

Comment

Isn't that the truth muz. Finding the lumber is another problem. It is bought almost before it is put out for sale.
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

wow its crazy, the prices! Last year when hubby gave a few project estimates, he had to change, most of the customers were understanding and continued to build. I believe I may be putting off my kitchen reno for awhile...oh well, I've waited this long hahaha.

Dinner is the last of our meal delivery, it is basic meatballs/gravy, mashed potatoes and green beans.
          A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Originally posted by muzette7 View Post
            I am not sure about where you live, but the prices of construction materials have more than doubled in the last few months.
            We have just bought the land, muzette... we are building a house for John and I to live in, not make a profit. We currently live near Melbourne, Victoria and are moving to Adelaide, South Australia.

I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
            would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Ken was looking up prices for a half sheet of plywood and it was $78! Yikes!

We had to get up way too early this morning in order to get down to Everett by 8 am, turned out the traffic was not bad at all. Ken had his follow up and got all his instructions for all the eye drops and everything is going very well. We stopped at Farmers Cafe on the way home and actually went in and had breakfast, only the second eat inside meal we’ve had in over a year. I had eggs Benedict, it was so good, Ken had French toast and sausage. After we got home we both got sleepy and took a nap.

I’m going to heat up the rest of the garlicky Shrimp Pasta and we’ll have salad with it.

Comment

Working...
              X