Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 29th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Rain anyone? It started raining around 7 last evening and continues still. It is forecast for all day and into tomorrow. We will have a high of 58 and the low of 49.

I have been thinking of fried cabbage so when I saw smoked sausage on sale it was a no brainer for me. I will add in carrots and make some fried smashed potatoes rounds. DGS made a apple crumb pie last night so that will be on the menu also.

What will be your yummy in the tummy meal tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Very ordinary day... groceries were delivered, we had dinner, we put the garbage and green waste bins out for Friday morning pickup... a typical Thursday from start to finish.

Dinner tonight: John had a hamburger, homecooked, with two hash browns; I had toasted ham, tomato, onion and cheese sandwiches.

Trying to do a bit of packing every day. I've started to take pictures and shadow boxes off the walls and packing it all into moving boxes. I'm going to try to paint the inside of the house before it's listed... just one coat keeping the colour the same. Not finding any lost treasures in the process of packing. About a year ago I did lose a box containing a dozen packets of dishwasher tablets ... they haven't turned up yet. That's the only mystery that I'm hoping will be solved.
    I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Dreary day here. I have a little chicken that I'm going to roast, not sure of sides yet.
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post
        Very ordinary day... groceries were delivered, we had dinner, we put the garbage and green waste bins out for Friday morning pickup... a typical Thursday from start to finish.

Dinner tonight: John had a hamburger, homecooked, with two hash browns; I had toasted ham, tomato, onion and cheese sandwiches.

Trying to do a bit of packing every day. I've started to take pictures and shadow boxes off the walls and packing it all into moving boxes. I'm going to try to paint the inside of the house before it's listed... just one coat keeping the colour the same. Not finding any lost treasures in the process of packing. About a year ago I did lose a box containing a dozen packets of dishwasher tablets ... they haven't turned up yet. That's the only mystery that I'm hoping will be solved.
        I didn’t realize you were moving. How exciting building a new house. Hope to see pics.

I am in agreement about moving too, it is NOT fun. Well, the moving “part”. Good luck.

Comment

It’s been a very nice day today, good day to have the doors open. We did some back yard work, and Ken finished up the mowing back there. I did get my sewing machine sold today, very nice lady that works with a quilting group that donates the quilts. She was tickled pink with it.

We’re going to our car club meeting tonight so we’ll be having Mexican food for dinner.

Comment

Ran to the doctor today and got a shot in my knee. It already feels better. Good thing I had a clue where the office was because my car GPS sure had other ideas.

Breakfast for dinner this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post

I didn’t realize you were moving. How exciting building a new house. Hope to see pics.

I am in agreement about moving too, it is NOT fun. Well, the moving “part”. Good luck.
              G'day, Bean... yes, after 37 years in this house it's time to go. We had wanted to stay because Immy lives about 50 yards from us but we need a more disability-friendly home. We are moving interstate to Adelaide and will be close to Andrew and Hannah. It's their turn to have Grandma and Granddad around them.

We've never lived in a brand new house so it will be an experience. It will take me a while to establish the gardens but there's no hurry for that. Looking forward to that challenge. In the meantime I'll keep packing up what we can live without until we move. It will be like Christmas opening all the moving boxes... *LOL*
              I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

It really is just like Christmas! Every time we moved we’d say that when opening boxes. Like we hadn’t seen the stuff in years and years. LOL

Comment

It really is just like Christmas! Every time we moved we’d say that when opening boxes. Like we hadn’t seen the stuff in years and years. LOL
                  Starting to pack my mother's crystal tomorrow. I would literally curl up and die if any of it get's broken. We are taking it to Adelaide in the back of our car just so I know it will be safe.

Comment

That’s good you are doing that yourself.

Comment

That’s good you are doing that yourself.
                      I'm doing all the packing which is why I'm starting so early. I've been told that the removalists won't transport items stored in plastic crates but will take the crates empty. The reason is that the crates can break and spew the contents all around the pantech. That means all my fabrics and yarn will have to be packed into cardboard cartons. Good opportunity to have a cleanout though. There's a group in Melbourne that is asking for donations of fabric for their sewing classes. They are teaching refugee women to make clothes for their children. I'm sure I could keep them going for quite some time... *LOL*

Comment

Working...
                      X