Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 30th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Thank you very much Mr. Sun for returning and giving us your beauty once again. The high of 55 and the low of 35 with a good chance of temps dropping down into the freezing range.

Tacos is what DGS said he would make for dinner this evening so who am I saying "No Thanks"? Yes please will work just fine for me. I will make baked custard this morning so it can be chilled by this evening.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Did some planting in our garden... lavender bushes because my garden theme is purple and white. I need three more lavenders to fill the garden. Also need some native grasses to replace some that have died in our courtyard.

Dinner tonight was different for each of us: John had another homemade hamburger; I had chicken and corn soup with three bake-at-home dinner rolls. We both had our usual banana and icecream for dessert.

This week has gone so slowly... I keep thinking it's already the weekend.
    I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

The sun never bothered showing up in my neck of the woods. Its chilly as can be. Making fajitas tonight. We are leaving bright and early tomorrow morning and going to Cincinnati so I can finally go to the Jungle Jims grocery store that I have been wanting to visit forever. Planning on stopping to see the serpent mound while we are there.

Comment

Not only has the sun left it is raining again, so cold, and the wind is blowing at a good clip making it feel even colder. I was so cold yesterday and today am just shivering. I hate when i get like this. Let's hope it ends soon muz and gets a little nicer.

Head for a cup of tea I have brewing. Hope it helps.
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Wow, April is gone! It doesn’t seem possible. It’s been a quiet day today, kind of cloudy but not cold. I’ve had kind of a nagging headache most of the day, not debilitating, mostly just annoying. I finished the book I was reading, and I have another one ready to start later tonight. Ken got delivery of a small workbench and has it put together out in the garage, it’s a nice one. He’s going to put some wheels on it so he can easily move it in the garage.

We’re going to finish the Caesar chicken and yellow squash casserole I made a couple of days ago.

Comment

Working...
          X