Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 1st Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It was a weather crazy day yesterday with the wind, sun, rain, and temps getting colder as the day moved along. The heat kicked on and sure felt good. It will be sunny today and as it is a cloudless sky I am hoping stays that way. The high will be 65 and the low of 56. A great day weather wise for starting a new month.

I have pulled sliced beef roast in gravy from the freezer that I will morph into stew, biscuits and peach cobbler will be dinner.

What will be your dinner?

Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I've been packing crystal and glassware all day and I've only scratched the surface. The cabinets are almost empty and I've kept out some large items to display in the cabinets until after real estate photos are taken. Empty cabinets would look strange.

Most of the day has been taken up with packing and doing laundry. I did five loads without once falling head first into the machine... *LOL*
    The last load is in now.

Tomorrow we will go for a drive to pick up a TV stand that I bought from eBay. I will be nice to get out of the house for a while.

Dinner tonight was very easy... John had scrambled eggs and bake-at-home rolls; I had mini spring rolls with fried rice that I found in the freezer.
    I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

May 1st woohoo! that much closer to summer altho weather is not very nice, oh well it will come!
      dinner will be mac & cheese and a tossed salad.
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

We went on a road trip today to the giant International grocer in Cincinnati. I bought so much stuff lol. I got 8 different cheeses, prosciutto, several types of smoked salami, and loads of candy. We ate on the road and now I am ready for bed!

Comment

Just like that, it’s May already! It is a spectacular day in the PNW today, cool, some high clouds, just enough to make things pretty and views so pretty you need to pinch yourself. All the trees are in bloom and everything is green a beautiful. We went up to Mount Vernon to Harbor Freight and Walmart, took all the back roads to get there and back. I dropped 5 books off at the Farm Stand Little Library too.

We’re getting takeout from Farmers Cafe tonight. I’m having the Orchard Salad (apples, cranberries, Turkey, pecans, bacon, bleu cheese with hot bacon dressing), Ken is having chicken fried steak and fries.

Comment

Working...
          X