Bought It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought It

Mellon and AllieK - Your comments about the clothes dryer were very helpful to me. I ended up NOT buying the washer and dryer I was looking at. The 7 series was digital and when I saw it, it just had too many options and I knew I wouldn't use them. I got the step down, 5 series with an agitator, and in the showroom it had a sign on it saying it does NOT lock. I asked the salesperson if that was a gripe and she said yes. The 5 series is more mechanical with dials instead of a digital screen processer. It comes with a full 5 year parts and labor warranty. My new washer and dryer will be delivered May 11. I am a happy camper. Thank you all for your comments.

I hope your new appliances last you many years of joyful use... *LOL* Sorry, I'm still working my way through five loads of washing and drying yesterday. Tonight I will be *happily* (not) folding it all up and putting it away. I used to tell John and the children that it would be easier if we all became nudists. Now, at our age, not so much...

Just think as they are being delivered that I'll be on the other side of the world blowing candles out on my cake that Andrew can't wait to cook!
    I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Hi Chayote - If I remember correctly from previous threads, your birthday is May 11, your anniversary is May 9 and I think Andrew's birthday is the day after yours. I might not be 100% correct but close.

I did do laundry yesterday with my old appliances and my dryer sure isn't sounding great but the motor hung in there and the clothes came out dry - whew.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
        Hi Chayote - If I remember correctly from previous threads, your birthday is May 11, your anniversary is May 9 and I think Andrew's birthday is the day after yours. I might not be 100% correct but close.

I did do laundry yesterday with my old appliances and my dryer sure isn't sounding great but the motor hung in there and the clothes came out dry - whew.
        So close... *LOL* Our Wedding anniversary is 7th May (44 years this year), Mother's day is between our anniversary and my birthday on 11th and Andrew's is 12th. My great niece who we are close to is turning 8 or 9 on 15th and my son in law's birthday is 25th. May is such a big celebration from start to finish...

Hopefully your washer will last until 11th. If it doesn't, there's always the nudist option...
        I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

I don't like digital anythings when it comes to large appliances. I will take dials every time!
          Our problem is space. Our washer & dryer is right by our back door and they have to fit so the door will open/close. It's a small space. When we were looking for our last washer, dh always had to pull them out and look at the back. Most of them the back part sticks out too far and we need ones that are basically flush in the back. Ours doesn't have an agitator and I hate it. My next one will have one if I have anything to say about it. Haha! I just realized that we have had the same dryer though since way before we moved here in 1988. I've got my moneys worth out of it.Never had any problems with it at all.

Comment

You had your dryer since 1988 , wow, you are lucky, hope it keeps running for another 30 years.
            I have never had a washer that did not have an agitator, I have no clue how a washer without an agitator really gets clothes clean ?

Comment

I had to buy a new dryer about a week ago. I had a pipe freeze and burst near my washer and dryer. Thankfully the washer survived but not my dryer. I had a new dryer bought and delivered as soon as I could. I hope your new appliances last you a long time and work well for you.

Comment

Every time I buy something new, my dear-but-annoying husband says, "that should see us out", meaning we will both probably die before we need to repurchase... *LOL* He said it when we bought our last car about ten years ago but we need to replace it with two new cars. No doubt he will say it again but he forgets that I'm younger than he is.

When he begins saying it about milk, butter and bread I'll get worried...

Comment

Good job Vera! I wish I had the info before I bought
                  I heard someone rave about the SQ and I need a washer ASP
                  I also felt I deserved the best. LOL
                  Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post
                    Every time I buy something new, my dear-but-annoying husband says, "that should see us out", meaning we will both probably die before we need to repurchase... *LOL* He said it when we bought our last car about ten years ago but we need to replace it with two new cars. No doubt he will say it again but he forgets that I'm younger than he is.

When he begins saying it about milk, butter and bread I'll get worried...
                    I'm beginning to think those thoughts too when buying major things.

Comment

Working...
                    X