Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 3rd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

The rain is back and it looks like a soggy wet week ahead. The high will be 68 and the low of 55.

I am on call for seeing the dentist ASAP so I am not sure what dinner will be. It could be something soft for me or not so I will let DGS figure out what he wants. I do have an appointment for tomorrow but they are trying their best for getting me today. Good way for starting off the week.

What will be your dinner tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Another day of packing crystal and Wedgwood. I have a *LOT* of pretty stuff. I'll miss it until we get to unpack again. I've finished packing my mother's crystal and about to start on the Wedgwood jasper (the blue and white pottery).

Talked to Gordon today. He's in lockdown yet again because his daughter came over from Perth and arrived in Melbourne the day after a small COVID scare in her hometown. Because she visited Gordon and worked on his house with her brother, they are all in lockdown until they get results of their tests. Poor Gordon... he sounded like he's at the point of giving up. His house is still not listed for sale.

We had John's home help today but I asked her to only do his bedroom and bathroom and then sit down and have coffee with us. She is such a sweet girl and I know I'll miss her when we move.

We ate out of the freezer tonight... John had curried sausages and bake-at-home breadrolls; I had lasagna and the rest of the breadrolls. Icecream for dessert as usual. I'm working my way through a litre of high end icecream that happened to be half priced at the supermarket. It's vanilla with swirls of passionfruit... *very* yum.
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

I have a corned beef in the crock pot and will make rubens for dinner along with fried cabbage and glazed carrots.

Comment

Well, my idea of hopefully having BBQ-d burgs are on hold with all this rain...we do not have our BBQ in a covered area. I will pan fry the burgs in my cast iron pan, sides of salad and corn on the cob.
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Mudder and muz, both of your meals sound good on this dreary and rainy day. Tomato soup for me.
          Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
          He drew a circle that shut me out.
          But love and I had the wit to win,
          We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

I love tomato soup but I may just grill a hot dog for dinner this evening. I ran a couple of errands but the one I really needed to get done was mailing bills and when I got to the drive thru box it displayed a sign saying it was broken. The one at the post office is the same way too.

Comment

We’ve had a little drizzle this afternoon after a very pretty morning. Ken got out on the riding mower and got the front yard done in less than 10 minutes, he’s really happy we got it and it will make keeping the yard up a lot easier. I made a quick bank run to get cash to pay the deposit on our front yard landscaping and stopped at the market for a few items. As I was driving down there I was enjoying how pretty the neighborhood is with all the trees and flowers in bloom. I’ll be so glad when our front planter gets done next week!

I’m trying out a recipe for stovetop chicken and rice from the Spend With Pennies Facebook page tonight. We’ll have some fruit with it.

Comment

Next time I go to the store I need to grab tomato soup and cheese for grilled cheese. That sounds great to me.

I went by the bank near me today to drop some bills in the mail box only to find a sign saying the box was broken. Tomorrow I need to find a box to drop my bills into or walk into the post office.

Comment

Working...
                X