Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 6th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a sunny morning with the high of 57 and the low of 45 along with a chance of rain this evening.

I am morphing the leftover roasted vegetables and chicken into soup, salad and making dinner rolls for dinner.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We packed the car today ready for a getaway at around 1pm tomorrow (Friday). We fitted all but four boxes so that was good. Those four boxes will just be added to the next load. Next time we are considering hiring a small truck and get most of our belongings over to Adelaide and leave the furniture and heavy stuff for the removalist.

Dinner tonight was what was left in the fridge... sausages, grilled onion and eggs for John; sausages, grilled onion and a small packet of instant flavoured rice.

I'm now sitting in my recliner finishing off the last three of Hannah's jackets. She also needs some beanies so I'll knit those in the car on the way.
    I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

It’s super windy this afternoon, kind of glad it waited until we got home to start. We went down to Everett for a follow up visit with the eye surgeon and Ken’s doing great, next surgery is scheduled on the 17th. After we left the clinic we went to Trader Joe’s near the Everett Mall, this is the closest one to us so far. I stocked up on tamales, soft snickerdoodle cookies and I got 2 packages of the frozen orange chicken I’ve read so much about.

We’re going to have more of the chicken and rice I made a couple of days ago for dinner and we’ll have either salad or fruit with it.

Comment

I made instant pot spaghetti and a salad. I made the good old 7 seas dressing in the cruet with vinegar and oil. I forgot how tasty it was.

Comment

Working...
        X