X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 9th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Happy Mother's Day!!

It is overcast and downright cold out with the high of 46 and the low of 38 with rain predicted all day.

DGS is making me dinner tonight and I have no idea what. He said he will use his culinary talents and make something good. I am sure it will be good and I will enjoy it.

What will you be having today?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

It’s been a beautiful day today, perfect weather all around.

I did some prep last night for dinner today, seasoned up a tri-tip, made pasta salad and baked a cherry pineapple dump cake. I just put the meat on the smoker. I think I’ll make some steamed and buttered broccoflower with it.

Comment

I don't cook very often, and certainly not on Mother's Day. My oldest granddaughter hosted a brunch at her new house. This was the first time we all were together at the same time since Christmas 2019 .
      Great food, and we had a good visit with everybody . And to top it of , we had a " reveal " party, my younger granddaughter is having a baby and had a blood test done to determine the sex of the baby, so we had cupcakes with a filling , ...... it was a blue filling, so they are having a boy. My first great- grandchild will be born in early November and it's a boy !! We are all so excited. This will be my daughters first grandchild and my first great- grandchild.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Sabine - I would say you had a memorable Mother's Day. It doesn't get any better than that - a big congratulations -wow. My DIL had a brunch for myself and her mother (husbands included), then she had to travel early afternoon to Baltimore as our oldest grandson,( 9 1/2) had a soccer game. He is on a traveling team. In two weeks they head to North Carolina - crazy.

Comment

Thank you Vera and Charlene, it was a good day for sure

Comment

Working...
            X